Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and signing on in the Summer

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for some advice please. Do Social Welfare tell you your sign on dates in advance? I'm on BTEA at the moment but I sign on in May but am worried it might clash with my exam timetable. Also after my exams I hope to do some kind of voluntary work or get some experience in some company for free but am worried if i do get contacted, for an interview, it might clash with my signing on date in June. Will Welfare tell me my days in May and June in advance? I would have thought so but these days I'm not sure...
    Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You get your signing-on day in advance alright, and you should continue receiving the BTEA until the day of your last exam. You should get a letter to be filled in in college saying what day you're finishing on, get them to put down the last day of your exam and you'll be fine.

Advertisement