Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dragons den season 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I hate the way these people come to this Irish nationally broadcasted show and say "I'm having them made in China for 5 cents each"...

that is why China has so much money super low production costs if it was you and it cost ten times less to make something im sure you would do the same,so Ireland could start up in this business of mass low cost production?

as a general question - which dragon do you find the most annoying? for me it's Niall O'Farell - quite apart from his fruitiness can't stand the way that he randomly gets morally indignant at one of the other dragons every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Gavin Duffy seems a bit of an ass this series, I like the rest of them though, couldnt stand Sarah Newman before, she seemed a cnut to me, i like Norah Casey, she not afraid to invest.

sean gallagher always finds a season to back out mainly on the other dragons excuses

STIG83 wrote: »
    Gavin Duffy seems a bit of an ass this series, I like the rest of them though, couldnt stand Sarah Newman before, she seemed a cnut to me, i like Norah Casey, she not afraid to invest.

he's my favourite! makes sense most of the time IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

glasso wrote: »
    as a general question - which dragon do you find the most annoying? for me it's Niall O'Farell - quite apart from his fruitiness can't stand the way that he randomly gets morally indignant at one of the other dragons every now and again.

Bobby Kerr can be a total arséhole at times. I remember last year he started being "funny" in his declaring he was out and one time in particular he wrote the words "I'm" on one shoe and "Out" on the other and got a huge laugh out of declaring himself out. Followed by weeks of "witty" declarations of being out. Was just so disrespectful towards people trying to get started with their product.

he's my favourite! makes sense most of the time IMO.

I didnt like the way he treated the guy who had the voice activitation thing, i thought it was a good product.

Hmm the blonde one is hot

I didnt like the way he treated the guy who had the voice activitation thing, i thought it was a good product.

didn't see that - what was the product and what did Duffy do to shoot him down?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

stylefish website down :rolleyes: that should be good with Norah Casey

• Advertisement

"You're a few fries short of a happy meal....so I'm out"

I know its a TV show, but being rude and quite dismissive is a bit much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The blonde fashion woman was hot, yet her model was a 40 year old woman! Not good, still I know exactly the sort of people it will target and it will do well I reckon!

The Dragons come across as super smug, and what I'd like to know is exactly how much debt they have and what connections to Fianna Fail did they use to get rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Hah Gavin nearly **** himself when the scissors guy was contemplating his offer.

51% of a business will only be a runner in rare occasions. the way he laboured the point of him being in control and the "owner" taking a back seat was laughable. tried to be too smart in making an offer that he knew/thought would be turned down. made himself look very foolish.

getting very tired at the "witty" one liners and the general rudeness and of the dragons to some of the contestants.

didn't see that - what was the product and what did Duffy do to shoot him down?

It was a voice activation system for turning on lights and lamps etc in a house, Duffy didnt like it at all, i think more of how much it cost, the system has a voice like what Stephen Hawking uses to talk, and when Duffy was telling him he was out, he talked like Stephen Hawking sayin im out, it looked like he was mocking him.

It was a voice activation system for turning on lights and lamps etc in a house, Duffy didnt like it at all, i think more of how much it cost, the system has a voice like what Stephen Hawking uses to talk, and when Duffy was telling him he was out, he talked like Stephen Hawking sayin im out, it looked like he was mocking him.

Give it 3 or 4 more weeks when they get bored again and it'll descend into the farce it became at the end of the previous season (or the 1st season cant remember) where it becomes a "who can declare themselves out in the most hilarious way".

It's so disrespectful to the inventors, regardless of how crap the dragons think the inventions are. If I remember correctly Gavin Duffy one time gave out to the other Dragons for being disrespectul yet went on in a further episode to do something similar.

Give it 3 or 4 more weeks when they get bored again and it'll descend into the farce it became at the end of the previous season (or the 1st season cant remember) where it becomes a "who can declare themselves out in the most hilarious way".

It's so disrespectful to the inventors, regardless of how crap the dragons think the inventions are. If I remember correctly Gavin Dunne one time gave out to the other Dragons for being disrespectul yet went on in a further episode to do something similar.

I thought that voice system was good, i know it was pricey but im sure someone with a disability etc would be glad of it. It was so disrespectful what Duffy did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Niamh Kavanagh wasnt very nice to the boys was she.. ?

They are having the product made in China as well.... ffs.

balcony one a runner. other one too expensive and wind would destroy it. more indignation from Niall O'Farrell - gets it in every episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Was there not something similar to this on before? seems familiar.

Don't think the apartment one is a runner to be honest, in my block of apartments you are not allowed put clothes horses on balconys and thats pretty normal

What she say? i missed the start.

• Advertisement

like i said last week production costs in China favour the product and Ireland should take a hint and a lesson and look into the mass production industry whats stopping it from happenin? Everything we see is mass produced in China as its CHEAPER

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Everything we see is mass produced in China as its CHEAPER

I know that Jim, but this show is meant to be about promoting indigenous business, and the first thing all these people want to do is subcontract all the manufacturing to Chinese companies..

my point exactly why cant we do this here,everybody goes to China so whats stopping Ireland developing in that area i agree with you and dont mean to say lets go to China to make something when there could be opertunity here in Ireland to get into the mass production industry

Bobby should hang his head in shame for his schoolboy reaction to this woman.. She should have walked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

For a man who lives in a house with 5 women he really should have had a better reaction/attitude. Eejit!

Anyone see Anonymous last week? Bobby got completely taken in by Jason Byrne and Grainne Seoige!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The Irish version of this show really isn't a patch on the UK version...

The Irish "Dragons" want a complete business before they'll even make an offer and then they'll want to take over the whole operation - and all for what... 40/50k??? :rolleyes: (which most of the time they split anyway between them)

The 2 lads tonight with the clothes/rain guards have a good idea and I can see the balcony one really taking off with the right backing (which is why Gavin jumped at it of course), but looking for almost half the business for 50 grand?? That's just cynical opportunism - I don't think they get the idea of the show.

I wouldn't give it to them on principle to be honest - free advertising is always a plus though.

I'd love to see a UK vs Irish version though - Theo and Duncan would eat this lot alive!

cookie cutters should have taken the 25% offer I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    The Irish version of this show really isn't a patch on the UK version...

The Irish "Dragons" want a complete business before they'll even make an offer and then they'll want to take over the whole operation - and all for what... 40/50k??? :rolleyes: (which most of the time they split anyway between them)

The 2 lads tonight with the clothes/rain guards have a good idea and I can see the balcony one really taking off with the right backing (which is why Gavin jumped at it of course), but looking for almost half the business for 50 grand?? That's just cynical opportunism - I don't think they get the idea of the show.

I wouldn't give it to them on principle to be honest - free advertising is always a plus though.

I'd love to see a UK vs Irish version though - Theo and Duncan would eat this lot alive!

I hate when someone comes in, offers 10% of the business for 40 thousand, then the dragons want 45% of the business for 40 thousand, its so unrealistic and unfair. These people have given half their lives for their businesses and then the drangons want half of it for a few thousand quid.

I love the english version, Peter Jones is a gas man. These 'dragons' aren't a patch on the UK dragons.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    my point exactly why cant we do this here,everybody goes to China so whats stopping Ireland developing in that area i agree with you and dont mean to say lets go to China to make something when there could be opertunity here in Ireland to get into the mass production industry

you think that Irish people will work for $10 a day then?

Advertisement