Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dragons den season 3

Options

Comments

I hate when someone comes in, offers 10% of the business for 40 thousand, then the dragons want 45% of the business for 40 thousand, its so unrealistic and unfair. These people have given half their lives for their businesses and then the drangons want half of it for a few thousand quid.

I love the english version, Peter Jones is a gas man. These 'dragons' aren't a patch on the UK dragons.

the irish market is probably only 10% or less the size of the english market though so you'd need a bigger %. even if some products could eventually go international that's a big step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

glasso wrote: »
    the irish market is probably only 10% or less the size of the english market though so you'd need a bigger %. even if some products could eventually go international that's a big step.

I know what you're saying but the dragons have never taken the first offer a person has given. They always want that bit more, even if its only 1% the dragons wont stop til they get it.

I also dont like the dragons attitudes, they have gotten worse this series, more often than not they are insulting toward the people, its uncalled for.

I know what you're saying but the dragons have never taken the first offer a person has given. They always want that bit more, even if its only 1% the dragons wont stop til they get it.

I also dont like the dragons attitudes, they have gotten worse this series, more often than not they are insulting toward the people, its uncalled for.

the contestants take this into account - most assume that if they offer 10% for x then they will get half that - either half the amount or 2X the %. If you look back over the deals done then that's the case....

as I said before the attitude thing is encouraged by the producers to make for tv appeal. the stupid product-related "I'm out" quips are probably even concocted in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

the contestants take this into account - most assume that if they offer 10% for x then they will get half that - either half the amount or 2X the %. If you look back over the deals done then that's the case....

as I said before the attitude thing is encouraged by the producers to make for tv appeal. the stupid product-related "I'm out" quips are probably even concocted in advance...

Yea thats true but just once I'd like to see a person coming in and getting what the want for the % they offer, I've seen it done on the UK version plenty of times, James Caan used to be good for it.

Oh and the 'I'm out' speechs are just cringeworthy! :D

Anyway I'm out this time, Later people! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

cookie cutters should have taken the 25% offer I think....

Absolute morons for not accepting 25% in my opinion. Their figures were awful (€44k profit in year 4 wasnt it?) and they were offered 70k...

It was nice to see Gavin not demand his usual 51 or 49% for a change and as well for him to try meet in the middle of the 20/30 gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

cookie cutters should have taken the 25% offer I think....

Lunatics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bobby should hang his head in shame for his schoolboy reaction to this woman.. She should have walked out.
    I thought so too but just watched it again on the RTE player, the dragon woman was also sniggering away so it seems something funny might have been said (and was not just laughing as she came in) and it may have been edited to make him appear badly, you would think it would have all been edited out totally.

Seems it was heavily edited out anyway as there was no description of current problems, probably to save viewers blushes, I expect they feared complaints of anything graphic being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There seemed to be echoes of last years "who can go out the funniest" again this week which was very annoying.

Even Richard Curran was commenting on how the Dragons were one-upping each other with bread references etc.

Absolute morons for not accepting 25% in my opinion. Their figures were awful (€44k profit in year 4 wasnt it?) and they were offered 70k...

It was nice to see Gavin not demand his usual 51 or 49% for a change and as well for him to try meet in the middle of the 20/30 gap.

Well I think that GD saw the potential for better figures than they had projected. He was impressed that they had gone from just an idea to a fair national presence in 10 months. He could help them a fair bit though - would have worked out to both parties benefit I think but they were hung up on the 20% vs 25% aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This lad from Joe Duffy's unFunny Friday... Kind of a bad reflection on RTE that a lad has to go begging for money for a stage play..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

Smacked very much of a pre-prepared ad - the 'judges' using the show to showcase their latest joint venture.

Seems not rehearsed well enough either - Packie dropped the ball by upping the % offered after he got an offer. Then forgot to ask for €20k instead of €17.5k.:o

The Heated Seat.... I nearly spat my beer across the room.. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

very little investment today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Very little "proper" investment opportunities to be honest. Shockingly poor ideas tonight

Lot of ideas are based on charging for networking...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jeez this one is not prepared at all, and Bobby really gave it to her straight:(:P:)

I like her though, she is very genuine .. there's a likability and honesty about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

I like her though, she is very genuine .. there's a likability and honesty about her.

me too, and her website looks good. very often the website of someone on the den crashes as the programme is on, so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

After that I'm now thinking that all of the successful 'ideas' are pre-prepared.

Yer one wouldn't have impressed anyone with that pitch.

Are the 'Dragons' using the show to advertise their own new business ventures?

That kennel shower thing was the most stupidest thing i ever saw!!
    Good see a fellow Waterford person do well. :)

• Advertisement

Was that a first for the Irish DD? all of them investing in a business together?
    I seen it happen on the English one before.

why do they have to play the same over-lengthy intro every week...? it's getting a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Tiddly boo!!!! He has the gift of the gab.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

he is annoying the crap out of me!!

baldbear wrote: »
    Tiddly boo!!!! He has the gift of the gab.

make it for 500 euro and sell for 600 - no margin! guy is off his rocker a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Some advice from Bobby "dont give up the day job".

That's not advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

so far so good, i like:)

She reckons the company is worth 2ook!!! no way Mrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Survival kit investment priced, but just give them a can of red bull . Seems to be capitalising on the stress rather than easing it of the students she pretends to care for!!

• Advertisement

The leaving cert is fairly soon. She has a chance of getting dosh but i'd have caffeine pills and Red bull in that kit...:D

Advertisement