Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dragons den season 3

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

the last fellow should have taken gavins offer. he really wanted it and would have worked well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Previous investments and missed opportunities week next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Previous investments and missed opportunities week next week!

Thats good, I was only thinking as I watched that it would be good to have a programme to look at them after the show. Surf seeds and tan organic are the only two investments I am aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

the last fellow should have taken gavins offer. he really wanted it and would have worked well with it.

Definitely! Out of the 5 Dragons, Gavin is consistently the only one who gives real reasons for making an investment or not, offers genuine feedback and enouragement to the people pitching and who - to me - seems to actually get the idea of this show, to encourage and promote new ideas and talent NOT just buy out/take over the business entirely and make the person an employee.

Next week should be good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Birdsong wrote: »
    Thats good, I was only thinking as I watched that it would be good to have a programme to look at them after the show. Surf seeds and tan organic are the only two investments I am aware of.

Animatrazz, (i never even saw it for sale though)
    The guy that had a guide for making tiling easier
    Buttons and Co from Waterford

• Advertisement

the last fellow should have taken Gavins offer. he really wanted it and would have worked well with it.

I was thinking myself for the 3% more than Niall (as Niall's was the best offer), would Gavin have brought as much to the table as Norah or Bobby in terms of PR and contacts and he would still have 7% more equity?

Such a simple and ingenious idea though, Why in gods name didn't anyone (preferably me) think of it before that guy?! :)

Next week should be interesting.

Should be good next week, wonder how many investments they have stuck with? Or a few that have gone belly up?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enjoying the recap show, its a really good insight into how the show works.

I loved the lads reaction to Sarah rejecting Animatazz (its like Lego or Meccano, so I'm out). Lego and Meccano are multi multi multi million €/$ industries. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

yeah its interesting

Mr E wrote: »
    Enjoying the recap show, its a really good insight into how the show works.

I loved the lads reaction to Sarah rejecting Animatazz (its like Lego or Meccano, so I'm out). Lego and Meccano are multi multi multi million €/$ industries. :)

Thank god Sarah is gone from it.
    Is Animatazz for sale in Ireland? i never seen it in any shops,:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Feckfox

Mr E wrote: »

Yep, I loved that too. Gavin was awesome :D

Anyone know how many more episodes are left?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wish they would let people bring in info with them. I can sort of see reasons why they do not want it, but think we would see far better presentations and a better show in general if they were allowed bring in notes, or a power point presentation or something. It probably puts off loads of potentially brilliant inventors from even applying for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

STIG83 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many more episodes are left?

Just one I think (another "on tour" episode)

Must try Dee's burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Just thinking the same meself

Anyone know are they in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

they probably are tesco would sell sand to the Arabs i did well from the tan organic but had a dirty van

What was the name of the online game for kids again? Something Bear?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

savy bear i think? tan organic must have been the best investment on the den id say. seems to be flying. gavin would be good to drive on the people. niall seemed to be letting dee do everything for herself when he called down and just act as a silent partner. it seems gavin is the simon cowell of x factor. all the other dragons look up to him and when he wants something he wants it.

• Advertisement

savy bear i think? tan organic must have been the best investment on the den id say. seems to be flying. gavin would be good to drive on the people. niall seemed to be letting dee do everything for herself when he called down and just act as a silent partner

Hope it doesnt get confused with paedo bear :eek:

Have got Dee's Burgers in Tesco earlier, pricey enough!! €3.99 for 2 burgers :eek:
    Will cook them in awhile or tomorro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

STIG83 wrote: »
    Have got Dee's Burgers in Tesco earlier, pricey enough!! €3.99 for 2 burgers :eek:

You must be joking STIG, 2 fekn euros each ?????? I can get 8 burgers for €1.50 in Lidl

You must be joking STIG, 2 fekn euros each ?????? I can get 8 burgers for €1.50 in Lidl

Yeah it a dear price for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just to add to the number of reasons that I was happy that Sarah Newman was removed from the Dragon's Den panel... Not that I normally like Michael O'Doherty but I couldnt find a direct link to The Sunday Times' story..

Dragon Sarah never breathed any fire . .
    AND you thought things couldn't get worse for Sarah Newman? Well you were wrong, because having failed to invest a single euro in her first year on Dragons' Den, it's now been revealed that she never went through with three of the investments she agreed to in the second series, with negotiations that went on subsequent to the show resulting in one side or the other pulling out.

Dragons' Den likes to portray itself as a show which helps entrepreneurs get a leg-up where banks are unwilling, and indeed devotes a whole show to the success stories they've created. But here's a thought. How many other Dragons, like Newman, have pulled out of a deal after the cameras stopped rolling?

Like I always thought.. Dragon is not a metaphor when used in relation to Sarah.. I think Norah is far more likeable..

Advertisement