Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

VRT on VW T4 Camper

• 20-02-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi There,

I am looking at purchasing a T4 and am just doing up the costings.

My understanding is that the T4 would be under 3,000kg in weight so would not classify as a camper on that basis.

I am planning to have a small hob and basin in it. But the T4, I understand is less than 1.8m tall....so where does that leave me then? Would I have to pay for standard commercial tax on the van?

I did a simple calculation here: https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e5s1 and the total tax came in at 1300!

I am sure / hope somebody has some kind of solution for this?

Any advice

Thanks,
    Rich

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

What Specs have you got for the van, I've got 299

1_88.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rich_Murf

Thanks for your prompt response.

I re-ran the calculator using your specs but changed the registration date to Jan 2002, only.

Tax is now coming out at €851 based on a market price (OMSP) of €6,404.

In my view that market price is way above a current 2002 VW 2.5 TDi.

I have had a read through some of the posts here on Boards now....

Is it a case of simply arguing the market value of the van with Revenue with relevant backup docs, ie receipts, sample for sale ads of other similar vans etc?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

The Roslare VRO office handel campers and there may have been a change in the rules regarding the rate for under 1.8 meters in height. Give them a call. If you do a propper conversion that at least you might get the lower road tax.

Advertisement