Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Passat boot lid problem

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

My boot lid won't lock. I've pulled off the trim and changed the latch but this was not the fault. Not sure but looks like cable holding latch has seized in the open position. Is this cable connected to a sensor motor and if so where is it. Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The solenoid is attached to the lock mechanism mounting bracket. It's a small square box with an arm connected to the lock mechanism.

Looks like this....

passatsolenoid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gerone71

Thanks. I had a feeling that was the solenoid. Thanks for the photo, I wish more photos were posted on this site to explain. Now I have to figure out how to replace it. Would you go to the mechanic or is it something I could do myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just unplug the electrical connector, remove the two phillips screws (see the two 'dirty' fixing holes in the photo), remove the actuator arm from the lock mechanism.

Then the famous Haynes quote - "refitting is the reversal of removal"!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gerone71

Speak of the devil, I do have the Haynes manual and it does always say that. Funny. Thanks for the advise.

Advertisement