Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing HDD from broken iRiver

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My iRiver H340 stopped working about 2 years ago (something to do with the battery short circuiting and not holding its charge). It did work while plugged in but the connection is dodgy and I lost the charger.

Does anyone know of any way I can access the hard drive independent of the device and without a power source?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

If the battery is long dead and without a charger USB won't start the player up.
    Best best is either find someone with another H320/H340 and use their charger to charge the player to connect to USB. Or dismantle the player and either put the drive in another player or a caddy for a drive.

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pa90210

Yeah I was wondering if there was some way of connecting just the HDD but I took it apart and had a look and the connection is pretty solid so I've no idea how I'd disconnect from the motherboard without damage...

I'm based in UL and Galway some weekends if you can help

Check out youtube for disassembling videos. In particular battery replacement ones ;o) They give a good bit of info about removing the different parts.

I'm based in Dublin so wouldn't be of much use to you.

Is it possible for you to buy a new battery and/or another charger.
    Great player so I think it would be a waste to give up on it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pa90210

Yeah I might look into replacing the battery. Kinda had written off the player but wanted the HDD contents, but yeah I really should try get a new battery....

Thanks for your help!

The batterys for the H320/H340 are dead easy to install.
    The old players are great, built like bricks and last as long as them!
    I still use mine for holidays!

• Advertisement
Advertisement