Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant use google maps anymore

• 20-02-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I'm running vista and up to early January I had no problem using maps but for the life of me I cant do it anymore.

I enter an address, then I either click street view or I drag the yellow man over to the street but either way all I get is a black screen in that box. Its the pan'able screen that goes black, all other parts of the google maps page are visible and usable still.

Anyone come across that?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What browser are you using?
    Try a different one like Firefox or Chrome.

The browser that comes with Windows, Internet Explorer, is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Possibly a problem with Flash. Are you able to see youtube videos properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Victor wrote: »
    Possibly a problem with Flash. Are you able to see youtube videos properly?

Dont think maps uses flash

It's Javascript. Chrome is probably the best option for Google Maps considering it's speed and that fact that it's built by Google

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Great thanks for all the suggestions, was offline for a few days. I've downloaded chrome and hey presto! Thanks very much, also notice a tripling in the speed with which chrome is processing the pages I am viewing on boards, its like getting broadband all over again. Hope it lasts.

• Advertisement

Chrome is a very speedy browser. Internet Explorer is a load of ****e.
    Google seem hell bend on making it as fast as possible. Their Javascript engine is the fastest out there.

It also appears to be quite secure. Something Internet Explorer is infamously terrible at.

Advertisement