Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shwartz tuna napolitana

Options
  • 20-02-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Anyone ever made that pre-made Shwartz tuna napolitana meal? Its basically tuna in a tomatoey sauce with pasta - its delicious and I love it! However, I would love love love to be able to make something as tasty without using the powder stuff, does anyone have any suggestions?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Well this is the recipe of the powder pack:
    Wheat Flour, Flavourings (contains Barley, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Soya), Tomato Powder (13%), Fat Powder (Vegetable Fat, Lactose, Milk Protein), Salt, Modified Maize Starch, Maltodextrin, Onion Powder, Cream Powder (2%), Garlic Powder, Concentrated Lemon Juice Powder, Parsley, Herbs, Protein Enriched Whey Powder, Black Pepper.

I reckon a tin of chopped tomatoes, a little tomato puree, 2/3 cloves of garlic, an onion, a little basil, some salt and pepper to season, and maybe a dash of cream/knob of butter, would make a nice creamy tomato sauce for you to use.
    This is just a guess, someone here will probably know a better recipe.
    This meal is nice when topped with grated cheese and oven baked.:)

Advertisement