Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help w/ Clonbrock, Caltra & Mt Bellows

Options
  • 20-02-2011 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi...I'm researching my great grandmother from Galway (nee Mitchell). Between her marriage, her daughter's baptism registration and her daughter's birth registration, the places listed are Clonbrock, Caltra and Mt Bellows. Could someone help me with the next step - are there churches in these vicinities, or is there a central place in Galway to find more info...thanks so much!
    Post edited by pinkypinky on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

The best place to try to figure out RC parishes for East Galway is on the maps on the Irish Times website - see : http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/browse/counties/rcmaps/galwayerc.htm

The town of Mountbellew is in the parish of the same name. The townlands of Clonbrock and Caltra are in the RC parish of Ahascragh.

Microfilm of the records for these parishes are available in the national Library in Dublin.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 2 greenbeach

Hi

I have just seen this post,

I did my DNA on MyHeritage it picked up a low DNA match to a Garrity looking for Mitchells around the Ahascragh Area, They said they picked up a DNA match Darby Mitchell I suspect Darby is connected to the above poster,

I have Mitchell connections around the Ahascragh Area also,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Welcome Greenbeach.

One of the conventions of Boards is that we don't resurrect very old threads.

When you have posted a few more times, you can send a PM to the original poster.

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement