Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is a good place for my eighteenth?

Options
  • 20-02-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I want to have an eighteenth in April at some point. My main problem is, is I don't know where. Are there any venues I could rent out or something, where ID isn't required, my friends range in age from 15-22, so it has to be somewhere where everyone can get in and we can drink.
    If anyone knows a good place, please let me know.
    I'd have it in my house, but I know that it would get messy and my mum would give out to me :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Are there any venues I could rent out or something, where ID isn't required, my friends range in age from 15-22, so it has to be somewhere where everyone can get in and we can drink.

Tut tut tut - check the charter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I want to have an eighteenth in April at some point. My main problem is, is I don't know where. Are there any venues I could rent out or something, where ID isn't required, my friends range in age from 15-22, so it has to be somewhere where everyone can get in and we can drink.
    If anyone knows a good place, please let me know.
    I'd have it in my house, but I know that it would get messy and my mum would give out to me :/

Not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wherever you have a big group of people under 23 drinking, it's going to get messy.

Easiest thing is to rent out a local sport club (with a bar) and get a DJ. Your underage mates won't get drink, but they'll be able to get in and have fun.

Outside of that if you know someone with a large garden you could rent a marquee, a couple of kegs & taps and ask someone to be barman for the night. The garden will be destroyed, naturally, but you can keep people out of the house and strictly speaking it may not be illegal for the underagers to drink as it's private property and the alcohol is not being sold.

Advertisement