Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - 30 July 2011

Options
  • 20-02-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

So yeah, according to their Facebook group on here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Music-Fest/113010615441882

Waterford's going to be having a music festival on the 30 July 2011, held in the RSC. Capacity is 25,000 so by the looks of it, it's going to be a massive gig!

On one of the statuses they commented saying that it's one of the worlds "biggest" recording artists, so hopefully it's going to be someone epic! :)

BTW I'm not associated with it or anything, just said I'd put it here to spread the word, it appears to be a nice boost for Waterford!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnjoe123

it's 50 cent and either bruno mars or tinie tempah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

johnjoe123 wrote: »
    it's 50 cent and either bruno mars or tinie tempah.

50 cent to see either Bruno Mars or Tinie Tempah!!

Still 20 cent too dear :P

haha, i wouldn't go if they were payin me 50 cent to see them! pity though, they're advertising it as if it's gonna be a huge event with one of the biggest recording artists in the world, when in fact he hasn't done anything relevant in about 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

THe Goo Goo Dolls ive heard.

Is Sproai not on that weekend and then we have the tall ships at the start of july.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Well its now Arcade Fire with support from Beady Eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Well its now Arcade Fire with support from Beady Eye.

Nah, it's not.. It's a crap act who won't manage to sell 10,000 tickets, nevermind 25000! :pac:

arcade fire me hole! they are supporting U2 in Canada on that date anyway, as if it would ever happen.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Nah, it's not.. It's a crap act who won't manage to sell 10,000 tickets, nevermind 25000! :pac:

Well then who is it?

I hope it does well,but they are setting themselves up for a big fall.

Edit : With Beat involved it is going to be a pop act rather than rock,so 50 cent and the like is most probably who it will be,also i heard the promoter does stuff for Oxegen so i hope it go's well and we have it each year.

I dont know where they are getting 25,000 out of,afaik the RSC can only hold 15,000 due to fire restrictions ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

25000, no hope, went to see a soccer match a while back there which was sold out and that was less than 10000

if beat are promoting it, bound to be a pop/r&b or dj gig, maybe there will be some rock at it,perhaps local acts there as well(someone like O Emperor, fighting spiders hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

allacts.jpg

Confirmed line up so far..

More to be announced. :)

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    allacts.jpg

Confirmed line up so far..

More to be announced. :)

I cant wait to see DJ ahmed and venem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Bump...

The final act has just been announced - Faithless Sound System :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Getting faithless is a massive coup.

They should really be promoting the fact this takes place the same weekend as Spraoi to really drum up some national interest!

Just a reminder it is Faithless Sound System,so just a stripped down version of Faithless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Just a reminder it is Faithless Sound System,so just a stripped down version of Faithless.

Just Remember its prob the last time u will ever see Maxi Live in ireland ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That looks shít.

I saw Faithless at Oxegen last year though and they were brill.

And then again it probably wont be the last time we will see him playing in Ireland.

What time are they on?

Advertisement