Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Visa

Options
  • 20-02-2011 11:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

Hey everyone,

So I'm thinking of heading off to the States for the Summer. I just have a few questions:

Would it be worth getting a J1 visa with Go for less just for the 2 free flight stopovers as I'm thinking of going to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and NYC?

Im not sure if I would be working yet as I might just go for 3 weeks or a month. Would I still need some sort of holiday visa to do this or can you just book flights over to the US?

Any advice appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

If you are only planning on going for a month, you would be much better off just going over on holiday. Irish citizens can freely stay in the US (without working) for up to 90 days without a visa (look up the visa waiver program). This would be a much cheaper option to getting a J1 visa.

Advertisement