Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Network

Options
  • 20-02-2011 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

Need some help with a little project and just looking for some advice.

I'm looking to build a wireless network, nothing to complicated just a basic set up.

So far I have:
    1 x ZyXEL P660 wireless modem with Vodafone broadband
    2 x laptops with Windows 7
    1 x laptop with Windows Vista
    1 x HP Printer

So far all the laptops are connected to the wireless broadband. I'm looking to create a network so that I can share files and use the printer without hooking up cables.

Anyone know do I need to get a new router and what I need to do to build a wireless network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You already have a network you just need to enable file and printer sharing. look it up in help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭jc1980

Thanks for that, I'll take a look. The printer doesn't have wireless just standard USB. Will I need to buy a wireless adapter for it? Also is it possible to connect an external hard drive to the network?

I'm looking to have the printer in a press along with the external hard drive, neither will be hooked up to the laptops. Any idea how I can go about this?

Advertisement