Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commercial permit legalities.

• 20-02-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up a lifestlyle/parttime business on the Erne,
    I have a house near the Erne and have lived there all of my life.

The business would involve me renting out small boats with 6hp Engines to the public, tourists and holiday makers etc. This is a very simple business, however the ins and out of the business are made more complicated when i am considering where is tand when it comes to permits and liscences.

As you may know the ESB actually owns the Erne and its waters. I know a recreational liscense for the erne (private use) costs little, however if i were renting boats as i plan to do would this mean i would need a commercial liscence/permit? Has anyone an idea of how much such a liscence is likely to cost? I fear that will cost 1000's of euro and will render the business non-viable.

Seeing as i have lived on the erne all of my life would this give me a right to operate a business from the erne without need for a commercial lsicense?

Any insight/guidance would be appreciated.

/G

Comments

Advertisement