Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone "sure signal"

Options
  • 21-02-2011 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

right i have a query if someone on here can help

i have 2 phones

1 bill phone on vodafone which is basically worthless when i get home as its a black hole for reception
    1 prepay o2 for texting herself etc and general usage when i wanna contact others when im at home

my vodafone has no reception
    my o2 has 2-4 bars of reception on a nokia but dont want to get a bill with o2 when i already have 9 months left on my vodafone bill
    was thinking of getting a smart phone on 3 as the reception is reasonable again similar to o2 and then i heard of this vodafone sure signal which gives full coverage in ur house for up to 4 vodafone mobiles pre registered to the box

all sounds ok so far pay 49 euro for the box and u get reception apart from it uses a broadband connection for the box to work and if u check the faqs on vodafone page it says that calls are charged at normal rates

am i missing something ? we have to pay for the box and the usage via broadband plus the regular calls charges ????? thats a bit of a joke if it is the case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Welcome to Ireland, where they don't even lube up before riding you

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

well im not looking for it for free but its not my fault vodafones network aint up to the job locally

and using the broadband for improved call clarity , does this not count as voip ?

voip is generally free so i think its a bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If vodafone aren't actually providing you service can't you cancel?

Can i ? When i bought my iphone first i complained and they dropped my 6 month period of being on the higher tarriff but never was i given the option to cancel my contract ! Im using it at the minute to type this up but only cos if the wifi , it basically becomes an ipod when i get home and currently all i can see is no service on the phone if i could terminate the contract id move to 3 cos after playing around with my 3pay sim i seem to have reasonable coverage and data is a must on my phone so o2 is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Don't take no for an answer, why should you pay when it doesn't work?

• Advertisement

Might take a trip back to the carphone warehouse again they may assist me if im going to take an iphone 4 or galaxy s off them on 3

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thats the thing , its not the buildings fault its a bungalow in the country surrounded by nothing when i go outside i still have no reception unless i walk up the field lol

well yes but im unsure how long my parents are intending on keeping the broadband at the house for and i wont be living at home forever :) well hopefully anyway lol

thanks for the support

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Take none of it :p
    I think most networks advertise coverage all over Ireland

i must live in the 5% geographical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I'm in exactly the same predicament as focusowner - 2 bars of o2 / 3 bars of vodafone on the kitchen window - move the phone and bang goes the signal.

Is there any technology out there (a signal repeater or something) to replicate the signal on the window around the house? I can't get fixed line broadband so the vodafone product is no good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

oakshade wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same predicament as focusowner - 2 bars of o2 / 3 bars of vodafone on the kitchen window - move the phone and bang goes the signal.

Is there any technology out there (a signal repeater or something) to replicate the signal on the window around the house? I can't get fixed line broadband so the vodafone product is no good to me.

If you can't get fixed line broadband you may be in a 3 National Broadband Area, if so they can supply a repeater for free if the 3 coverage isn't up to scratch in your the house. You can check the NBS area's here http://bing.bizmaps.ie/threeireland/Pages/Public/NBSPublicPage.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

If you can't get fixed line broadband you may be in a 3 National Broadband Area, if so they can supply a repeater for free if the 3 coverage isn't up to scratch in your the house. You can check the NBS area's here http://bing.bizmaps.ie/threeireland/Pages/Public/NBSPublicPage.aspx

Hi Drunkmoney, I'm in the NBS with 3 and have a massive satellite dish on the side of my house because the 3G signal was non existent. I would be happy to increase the 2G signal in the house so I could send a text without leaning over the sink to the kitchen window.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

oakshade wrote: »
    Hi Drunkmoney, I'm in the NBS with 3 and have a massive satellite dish on the side of my house because the 3G signal was non existent. I would be happy to increase the 2G signal in the house so I could send a text without leaning over the sink to the kitchen window.

There's some areas in the NBS that needed satellite at the start but some of them are covered now, it might be wort trying with a 3 phone again,
    If the 3G reception isn't there you could always have a look at the sure signal.
    I'm not sure how 3 would feel about you boosting your vodafone phone signal through your 3 broadband. It could get interesting.:)

i decided to post on vodafone forum this morning to see about an answer to my question as i was looking to get my 3 bill phone today i posted it similar time to my post on here and not one reply yet :eek:

ah well might just cut my losses change to their lowest tarriff and then pay my monthly tarriff off at 20x9 months or whatever

Advertisement