Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 monitors + rFactor.

Options
  • 21-02-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Trying to get 3 CRT monitors working.

I have a 5830 and a HD4200 onboard. The centre crt and the crt on the left (21" and 19") are connected via dvi-vga adapters to the dvi outputs. I can run rFactor with these two no problem using SoftTH. Now, the third monitor on the right (19") won't even turn on. This one is connected via VGA directly to the motherboard (IGP). I've tried all four settings in the bios to try and enable it but to no avail.

Basically I want:

| 19" | | 21" | | 19" |

and it to run in rFactor.

I'd like to have it running at (3)1280x1024

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Would I need something like this?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/best-value-display-port-male---vga-female-converter-64D0.html

and just plug all three into the 5830?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

If the HD4200 is integrated into the motherboard then it's probably disabled when the 5830 is plugged in.
    You need to check the spec on your motherboard but I would imagine that this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Can't you use eyefinity to connect all three to your card?

Is there displayport on your card?
    If so, you could use a displayport->DVI adapter such as this. Do not get a non-eyefinity adapter for DP->DVI as it won't work. If your monitors are VGA, you can still use DP->VGA and I believe that they will work with those resolutions.

Edit: Slightly cheaper than dabs
    http://elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MMEV930838&productID=S6269332

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Does display port have an analoge side to it? Or is it all digital? If it's all digital, surely it won't work with VGA?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Does display port have an analoge side to it? Or is it all digital? If it's all digital, surely it won't work with VGA?

Display port does not support VGA. The displayport to VGA adapters have a chip inside then that converts the display port video signal to the VGA analog standard.
    Thats why the converter is €35.

• Advertisement
Advertisement