Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Over Midterm?

• 21-02-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I don't think I am myself but are people going to study over their midterms? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

sarah. wrote: »
    I don't think I am myself but are people going to study over their midterms? :confused:
    Considering i've the HPAT on Saturday and Mocks for the two weeks following the midterm it's fairly safe to say that I will be studying over the midterm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

I kind of have to study since my mocks are after the midterm :S
    I'd say you should try to do a bit of study every weekday, and set yourself maybe two hours of specific work to do before going out or watching tv or whatever.
    It's easier to stay in a good habit, and this way you do get to relax a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Nope.. I've just had 2 weeks of mocks and I'm wrecked..! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Will do a bit and start my briefs for the projects, Roll on 22nd june!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

sarah. wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year but I have to do at least 2 chapters of Economics over the next few days (doing it outside of school). Sometimes I think Hamlet the procrastinator is actually me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

When I did the leaving cert, my mid-term was anything but free! I prepared for my mock orals (the school had external examiners come in) & I spent the weekend in Galway at a maths revision course. To be honest, I was always of the mentality that this was my best oppertunity to complete the leaving, rather than having to repeat & that it would be better to sacrifice my all free time & holidays for a few short months to let myself know that I tried my absolute best. Having said that, I don't see why there is no room for relaxation during the break. Study doesn't have to involve sitting with a book. I used to record my notes onto my ipod & head out cycling or walking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rage against the leaving

Won't be over-doing it, two hours so a day with a serious stab needed for applied maths and chemistry, mocks were disastrous. Other than that relaxing and getting ready for an intense few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Sometimes I think Hamlet the procrastinator is actually me..

Me too...:P

I'm going to study every day this week, I'm aiming high, so I need to start doing this properly. No way am I going to be one of those people who ends up devastated when they get their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Any1 have a sample construction studies brief they would like to show . cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ciaraannoregan

i jus done my pres but i think i am going to study biology because i probably failed that.. otherwise im relaxing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I've done exactly 0 hours so far. I feel bad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Study from 10-5, with around 2hrs of breaks from Monday 'till Friday. I'll take Saturday as a nice shopping day :P
    Roughly 25hrs over midterm is what I'm aiming for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Don't compare yourself with the amount of study other people have done it will just bring down your confidence. There's still time to get in a decent amount of work before the exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I was out the week before midterm so all I've managed to do is get the work we did then covered in a few subjects...which isn't a massive amount. I really need to get my head in gear, the term just gone by I did absolutely no study. Just couldn't get back into it properly after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Today is the one day I am completely free and I planned on studying for next weeks mock. What happens? I'm sick. Fun!

Advertisement