Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2142 patch 1.51

Options
  • 21-02-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

The long awaited patch for battlefield 2142 (version 1.51) has finally been finished and released.
    It's a large 2GB patch but includes 3 new maps and the northern strike add on for free.

Patch notes:

UPDATE 1.51
    - Added extra account security fixes
    - Added fix for nVidia drivers to solve tinitus visual effect
    - Hit detection bug fix: Changed so that latency compensation history takes correct stored positions from buffer
    - Updated as_titan_wake.tweak to allow for two attack choppers instead of the one previously allowed

FEATURES
    - Added Operation Blue Pearl by Bjorn Sundell with special thanks to Jason Brice for lightmaps and finishing
    - Added Yellow Knife, Molokai and Strike at Karkand 2142 maps made by Jason Brice
    - Northern Strike booster pack maps and content are now free to play
    - Added support for the Novint Falcon controller

The official download is here:
    http://cdn.battlefieldbadcompany2.co...Patch_1.51.exe

Get the torrent here:
    http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?file=Battlefield%202142%20v1.51%20Final%20Patch

Official Forum:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2142/
    Lots of helpful setup and game tips in there so well worth a look if you're having any trouble with the game.

This is a great game that really pushes team/squad play and is the best battlefield in my opinion.

If you've been away for a while then it's worth another look. For those of you who have yet to try it out, Dice are planning to release the game on steam in the near future so keep an eye out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ah sure I might give this a go!

Just recently reinstalled BF2, but not really enjoying it.

Might d/l it later on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can't find my disc ! :(

EADM FTW!!

B ought this when it came out, in 2007 on EA Download Manager. Ithink I had a few days early access to it before it was released. Beta'd this for months too. Was a great beta actually. Game changed a LOT.

Just re-downloaded it there, plus patches 1.5 & 1.51 (you must install patch 1.50 first).

Might have a few rounds this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I had registered all my BF games with ea, and assumed there would be a recovery option , but there's not. So ill just have to source the game somewhere else. Still have my serial etc though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I had registered all my BF games with ea, and assumed there would be a recovery option , but there's not. So ill just have to source the game somewhere else. Still have my serial etc though

yeah ..I don't know how many times I've lost my BF2 disk+cover but luckily enough I had my key written down in a text file :)
    Must get reinstalling this again...looking forward to a game on Cerbeus Landing with my Voss+shotgun attachment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus NO!

Unless they bring out a patch that does a SUPER STREET FIGHTER jobby and speeds the game up I cant play it.....its far too slow now after playing BFBC2.

But yes, It was an absolute classic game and IMHO better then BF2 I would be tempted to see the new maps but thats what YOU TUBE is for. :p

And just went on to YOU TUBE and found this sh1t head.....patch is only out and you have the likes of this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8yr2gQEEZY&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ah its a great game.
    loved havin a few games of it today.

seen dublin gunner on one of the servers.

and a person names rogu3granny who if i remember correctly was the top irish rated (points anyway) player on 2142, or else bf2.

I think rogu3granny was the name.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    ah its a great game.
    loved havin a few games of it today.

seen dublin gunner on one of the servers.

and a person names rogu3granny who if i remember correctly was the top irish rated (points anyway) player on 2142, or else bf2.

I think rogu3granny was the name.

Knew I recognised the name!! lol first round in about 2 years ha!

hahaha same for meself man.
    well it was my 3rd round.

just installed it today.
    took me a bit to source 1.51.

its such a deadly game!!!
    im loving it. Could do with a bit more choice in servers.

God Dam traitors....All the times I send a PM to steam for you dubs and you dont answer, I know what you are doing know. RAPING in a WALKER!!!!!

I am too busy with:

Metro 2033
    Bullet Storm
    BFBC2:Vietnam

To be arsed installing it....to play Karkard in a grey colour scheme rather then brown....LAME!!!

• Advertisement

ah karkand is alright.
    its titan mode and assault lines that makes it worth installing for again.

Yeah, Titan mode was such a ballsy addition to the game. The intense firefights that took place while either defending or attacking the re-actor core was sweet. Especially if both sides where close to winning.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah, Titan mode was such a ballsy addition to the game. The intense firefights that took place while either defending or attacking the re-actor core was sweet. Especially if both sides where close to winning.

It could also become very tactical. With both titan shields down, and both titan's getting destroyed, a fine balance between defending the titan and neuttralising silo's became paramount.

Most pubbers just look at their own points though, and don't realise merely neutralising can win you the round by that stage.

With a good couple of squads, it's very easy to see out a Titan round against pubbers.

1 squad defends 1 corridor on Titan, the other neutralises silos.
    You could have a 3rd squad following the squad on the ground to try take silo's back.

Its just plain fun playing it.
    the change from fighting around silos to up close in a titan.
    and deciding wether to attack or defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh man the flashbacks to trying to get Northern Strike working....blah.

Wish DICE would do a "Vietnam" and release this as a mini expansion to Bad Company 2.......or wait for BF3 and do it then.

hahaha yeah i remember all the tinkering to get it to work aswell.

install 1.2,
    install northern strike,
    install 1.2
    install 1.4
    then play away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

in fairness now it's dog easy.
    Install Game
    Install patch 1.5
    Install patch 1.51
    Play game :D

yeah except findin patch 1.51 was a bollox for me the other night!

Think I'll jump in for a round for the craic!

Advertisement