Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preserved - New Cafe Balbriggan

Options
  • 21-02-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Tried this out on Saturday and it is really lovely. It was really busy too so I would say they are very happy. Lovely salads, bread, soups etc. Makes a nice change from all the chippers in the town! Staff couldn't do enough for you. Try it out.

From Trevor Sargents website:
    ‘Preserved’ on Dublin Street near George’s Square. This business grew from the stall in Balbriggan Fish and Farmers’ Market run by Karl Rogers, his father Michael and business partner Shane Mc Carthy. Having sussed what flavours of soups, pastries, savoury dishes etc went down well with Balbriggan folk and visitors, the talented chefs opened a premises to develop their business further.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Been meaning to drop in. The place looks really well.
    I can only assume it does a full service of coffee (latte/cappuchino/espresso)?
    Recently in a chinese in Malahide I was denied my after dinner espresso as they only had regular coffee and no coffee machine.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Dropped in on Saturday and it was lovely. I had a huge chicken and blue cheese tart and my wife had an open toasted goats cheese sandwich. Coffees were tasty too. Great to see somewhere like this opening and going strong, long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

Spotted this today driving through the town, it seemed quite busy too, must give it a try, hope the coffee is good :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

We tried this out last friday and were very impressed. Good portion sizes and interesting tasty food.
    Local produce including apple juice from Lusk which went down a treat.
    Will definitely make it a regular stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Was there today. Thought it was lovely. Staff couldn't do more for us and I thought the coffee was lovely and the baked goods delicious. I hope the business goes well for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I've been here twice and was have not been that impressed to be honest. First time I went for breakfast with my partner and it was just okay.
    Their salads are nice and the desserts and pastries are fab but the service was terrible. I think you have to pay extra for smiles!

Second time I went at lunchtime for a take away sambo and the two staff behind the counter were run off their feet and REALLY disorganised. I had to wait for almost 20 mins for my sambo, and watched as the place just fell apart. People were getting their orders before getting drinks/ knives and forks. There was one person making the salads and stuff as another seemed to just be flustered and not in control at all. There was no need for all the delays- it just seemed really badly organised/ managed that day.

It's fairly expensive as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement