Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphone audio socket on pc banjaxed.. Will a usb headphone adaptor do the trick?

• 21-02-2011 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

Audio socket is fecked on my pc, will a usb adaptor do the trick?. Headphone plug broke off in the socket, not a hope of getting it out...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

yeah that will work.

surely with a needle nose plyers it could be pursuaded to come out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It will work but surely you could try wheedling it out with a tweezers or something? If you can't you could always just replace the socket with a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

yeah that will work.

surely with a needle nose plyers it could be pursuaded to come out?

Hopeless, I tried that, it is not going to budge, it is bent in there, stuck solid.
    It will work but surely you could try wheedling it out with a tweezers or something? If you can't you could always just replace the socket with a new one.

It is an old pc in my work office, i am not too bothered about changing the socket as it has almost had its day anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

option 2 is t0 buy a cheap soundcard.... disable the onboard chip and use the soundcard instead

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

yeah it will work, just remember you have to change the default audio device to hear it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Put some super glue onto the end of the the plyers (or anything else long and thin), leave them pressed against the stuck headphone jack for a few seconds and then pull it out. Has worked wonders for me in the past.

Advertisement