Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers and Maternity benifit

Options
  • 21-02-2011 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone can help me.

I was put on a 3 day week and was claiming Job Seeker's Benefit on a casual basis, this is due to run out as you only get 317 days, I think I have roughly one month left
    I am now on Maternity Benefit so they stop Job Seeker's Benefit and just transfer you over.

My question is am I building up stamps for a new Job Seeker's claim when I go back to work, so I will be able to continue to claim Job Seeker's Benefit, or will I just be transferred back to Job Seeker's Benefit and when the balance of the 317 days run out that's it?
    Or is it treated as a whole new claim?

Hope this makes sense!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

awilli2 wrote: »
    Wonder if anyone can help me.

I was put on a 3 day week and was claiming Job Seeker's Benefit on a casual basis, this is due to run out as you only get 317 days, I think I have roughly one month left
    I am now on Maternity Benefit so they stop Job Seeker's Benefit and just transfer you over.

My question is am I building up stamps for a new Job Seeker's claim when I go back to work, so I will be able to continue to claim Job Seeker's Benefit, or will I just be transferred back to Job Seeker's Benefit and when the balance of the 317 days run out that's it?
    Or is it treated as a whole new claim?

Hope this makes sense!

I'm not sure how you can continue to build up stamps if you are on maternity leave? Is your employer continuing to pay stamps for you while you are on leave? Or are you only covered by statutory maternity leave? As far as I'm aware your claim will continue from the point you left off (ie with one month remaining) with any additional stamps added on at the end. Best thing is to ring your SW office. I had a few problems with my stamps & previous employer etc when I went on Maternity leave and the staff in the Social Welfare Office could not have been more helpful, tried to get me all sorts of payments I hadn't even heard about, made sure I never had to queue whenever I came back in with forms etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I never knew the job seekers payment ran out :eek: I was put on a three day week too, and just assumed you got it till you were put back on a 3 day week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

This post has been deleted.

JSA (Jobs Seekers Allowance) is means tested so she might not get the same weekly payment. I'd ring citizens information and they should be able to tell you. Or maybe the maternity benefit number, I would say ring social welfare but its very hard to get through to them

Advertisement