Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Personal Statement

Options
  • 21-02-2011 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all, iv'e applied for UCD English as a mature student, I've done my MSAP test, but finally had a proper look at the mature student application book and to my horror seen, that i was supposed to have sent a personal statement by the first of february, with the other documentation to cao, i had sent on everything else to cao, im just wondering has anyone had a similar problem in the past, how did you get on, or does the personal statement which i entered online when doing my cao application, count? or does UCD require a specialized one? i know there is pretty much the same query on this but im at a loss until tomorrow when i can ring around

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Hi the one you have done online is the exact same as typing one off and sending it! Some people prefer to send it off as they find1000 characters (what you can write online) is not enough ! So relax you have nothing to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 superhero87

my online, statement was contained in the cao application and not indepent to UCD , I think i should have sent it seperate

I'm not 100% sure about ucd but with ucc either you wrote your personal statement in the section provided on the cao application form or you left that blank and sent it separately with the other documents needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 superhero87

thanks for your help dude/dudet, typed out the personal statement last night and handed it into cao, they accepted it with no hassle, they said they were still sending on applications, UCD also told me they were only recieving applications, suppose it was only thirteen days late, i just over paniced, happy days. thanks again

Dudette! That's great! Best of luck with your application!

• Advertisement
Advertisement