Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehouse @ The Olympia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Brilliant!

AR has some competition!

[edit] Was going to ask for settings, but checked your Flickr. 5d MK II of course. That camera makes me want to cry ... because I can't have one. I see 85mm f/1.8 too, I just got me the Nikon equivalent yesterday :) And I thought right away, it'll be great for gigs. Sweet set on your Flickr.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

Not being smart, just dont know who AR is?

Animal Rights, he does some great gig work, look him up on here ;)

Also, on the side: you obviously have the Canon 85mm f/1.8? And your shots show it's a great gig lens. Can I ask, did you crop much at all, if any? how far back were you? As mentioned, i have the Nikon version, but on a cropped body, at a gig like this would I need to be a few rows back?

Hey :) Will look him up, tks for info :)

I love the 85mm, beautiful lens. I'm shooting on a fullframe, so I can be a little closer with it. I was right at stage edge, literally, so very close. On most of those shots there is little or no cropping. If you have any questions abou the lens etc, feel free to drop me a line on info@peterneill.eu

Cheers :)

Cheers. I need to give it a good workout yet, but even on the cropped body, it's a sweet focal length,. it's about 127.5mm, which seems a little long. But I've used it indoors all day today to try it out. And it's surprisingly fine. Getting used to the distance. Can't wait to try it out proper.

Do you do many gigs? And how did you manage to get your dslr in there? Did you have a pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Great shots indeed gizzymo!

Really like Lifehouse too, raging I didn't head along to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Awesome pictures man.
    Quick question did you have a media badge?
    Cause i tryed to bring my DSLR to Thin Lizzy and i wasnt allowed, i was brought to the cloak room too make sure it was put away :S

Hey! Thanks all.

I had a press pass through the organiser. I sent them in some portfolio recently in the hope that they would give me a pass. I'm now covering gigs for them regularly. My next is Plan B next Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Oh well done man!
    Jammy git though >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Trigger76

Honestly some of the best gig shots Ive seen posted on this board in the couple of years Ive been on it well done.

• Advertisement

Thanks all :) I'm shooting Plan B next week, so I'll post them here too...

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Cracking shots op, high iso i assume all the way as no flash allowed,also whats the best approach to gain access to these gigs...thx

Hey :)

Actually my ISO never went above 500, the key is using a fast lens, I was at f1.8 most of the time.. That and the lighting in the olympia is superb....
    As for access, it can be a challenge. you best bet is to email the promoter for a given event, and send them some portfolio. If you dont have enough gig portfolio to start with, then you need to start with some smaller gigs, pub gigs etc, and gradually work your way up..

Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Thanks dude ,have done some local gigs so onto the next level hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

These pics are great, well done.

Advertisement