Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA evening class CIT

Options
  • 21-02-2011 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking about studying CCNA during the evening classes in CIT.
    I’ve an engineering background (electrical) & work for a large information storage multinational. I’m currently working as a test technician (glorified operator) & want to open new doors & opportunities!

Would ye advise studying CCNA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

do you know how computers work??

you dont have to be well up on pc's and how they work etc but it helps a lot.

if you dont know one end of a pc from the other i would recommend doing a comptia+ or one of those courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

I understand the basics of computers. I do CLI commands while testing our storage devices. Our company is big on cloud computing at the moment & would like to venture into this eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

well then id say its no harm to give it a try.
    im doing a course with a few others and some of them had very little in the line pc knowledge. i.e. mechanics, ip addresses etc.

they had a lot of catching up to do on some of the rest of us so obviously had a lot more work to do.

Advertisement