Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fridge

• 21-02-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

I have a three way fridge that isnt working at the moment. Just wondering does anyone know where I could get it fixed, I am in south Dublin so anywhere in Leinster area is an option

Thanks
    C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

whats wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

If that fridge was sitting for a long time (couple of years) unused - it's quite possible that it is perfectly OK but that the coolant mixture has separated into its 2/3 components (ammonia and water & hydrogen??) from lack of use. If that happens the gas will light and/or the electrical system will "work" - but the fridge just won't cool as the refrigerant liquid is not circulating.

Many people have had success by taking the fridge out, turning it upside-down for a day, maybe giving it a bit of a shake, and putting it back. This mixes up the liquid again and allows it to circulate, driven by the heat of the gas or electrical "burner".

Apparently just driving and throwing the 'van about is not sufficient to do this - but I suppose you could try it on a potholed road (and let us know if it works)

Alternatively if you are not handy at removing a few screws - you could get someone to turn your 'van upside down for a day......

(see absorption fridges)

Advertisement