Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I ask for a refund

Options
  • 21-02-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Ok so here is my problem on the 07/02/11 I purchased an openbox s9 hd pvr box to use to view the free channels on 28.2 from this seller dreamboxsales.co.uk who is based in Belfast,paid for through Paypal, after a week when my box didn't arrive I contacted him and he said I should get it early next week, finally got it on the 19th in the mean time I was googling his name and found this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...please-189595/ I also posted here on page 2 I think.

So he dreamboxsales.co.uk was taking orders and only re-ordering in my name from China, my delivery invoice says that it was posted by Key Technolgy in China, TBH I didn't really mind as I now had my box, but after 2 days the box is dead, Bricked and I have been advised to return to your supplier, I would like to know to whom do I return it to? The place in China, which as yet I cannot find, or the person who I paid via Paypal. I really dont hold out much hope of getting a replacement or refund can anyone advise what I should do. Thank you all for looking at this and if you can help I would be very grateful.

The box needs to be repaired or replaced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Return it to the person you paid, and start a Paypal dispute for the refund if he gives you any stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Dub12Dave wrote: »
    Ok so here is my problem on the 07/02/11 I purchased an openbox s9 hd pvr box to use to view the free channels on 28.2 from this seller dreamboxsales.co.uk who is based in Belfast,paid for through Paypal, after a week when my box didn't arrive I contacted him and he said I should get it early next week, finally got it on the 19th in the mean time I was googling his name and found this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...please-189595/ I also posted here on page 2 I think.

So he dreamboxsales.co.uk was taking orders and only re-ordering in my name from China, my delivery invoice says that it was posted by Key Technolgy in China, TBH I didn't really mind as I now had my box, but after 2 days the box is dead, Bricked and I have been advised to return to your supplier, I would like to know to whom do I return it to? The place in China, which as yet I cannot find, or the person who I paid via Paypal. I really dont hold out much hope of getting a replacement or refund can anyone advise what I should do. Thank you all for looking at this and if you can help I would be very grateful.

The box needs to be repaired or replaced.

Did you DO anything to Brick the box ?? If you were updating software and made a mess of it, you may have invalidated any warranty, UNLESS of course you were instructed to do so by the person you bought it off!!??

Does it say 'COPY' on front display by any chance??

Advertisement