Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clocked Bora on donedeal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Is it possible the 170k was km and the mileage quoted in the ad is miles which would be close enough to 100k miles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Is it possible the 170k was km and the mileage quoted in the ad is miles which would be close enough to 100k miles?

No, that was discussed on the orginional forum.

The seller's excuse is he had a new engine fitted and "it's called mileage correction". Although I'm sure that excuse varies.

who speaks in kms for a pre 2005?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Plus, 4k for an 11 year old Bora!!?

antodeco wrote: »
    Plus, 4k for an 11 year old Bora!!?

She's daysul you see ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

RoverJames wrote: »
    who speaks in kms for a pre 2005?

Anyone driving a car pre-2005 that's showing in Kms?

I know this car isn't but it was only a suggestion and as you can see from Limerick Lads response it has been discussed elsewhere also.

I've bought and sold two pre 2005 cars with km clocks (jappers), the adds I bought them off and the adds I sold them in were in miles :)
    So at best some folks might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Christ almighty .. wouldnt fancy driving on those rims in Kerry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Anyone who pays €3700 for that bag of crap deserves a clocked car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Anyone who pays €3700 for that bag of crap deserves a clocked car!
    I'm tempted to agree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

"strait true exhaust" :D

p.s. He manged to spell "brakes" correctly however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I reported the ad and got this response from donedeal:
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you feel that this ad is dishonest or false advertising, please report it to the Gardai as they are the correct authorities to investigate this matter. You can find their contact details here:
    http://www.crimecouncil.gov.ie/crimestoppers.html#Crimestoppers or through the Garda Station Directory http://www.garda.ie/stations/

We will of course assist the Gardai in any way possible with their investigation and provide them with all information that we have on this seller and take whatever action they recommend to us.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best
    Aoife

Web: www.donedeal.ie
    Blog: http://blog.donedeal.ie/
    facebook: www.facebook.com/DoneDealIreland

Buyer beware, I guess. It's not their problem... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Seller on Done Deal in over priced diesel VAG shocker.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

-Chris- wrote: »
    I reported the ad and got this response from donedeal:

Buyer beware, I guess. It's not their problem... :rolleyes:

I reported an ad on donedeal once and I got that very same reply. I was unhappy about that as donedeal do have some responsibility for what they publish, especially after it has been informed of incorrect info in ads. After an exchange of emails, they reported back to me that the person had edited his ad to take out the offending (=lying) comments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

unkel wrote: »
    I reported an ad on donedeal once and I got that very same reply. I was unhappy about that as donedeal do have some responsibility for what they publish, especially after it has been informed of incorrect info in ads. After an exchange of emails, they reported back to me that the person had edited his ad to take out the offending (=lying) comments :D

I got it before as well but noticed the ad still disappeared after my message.

They seem to vary the response as since then I've always gotten a reply thanking me and telling me the ad has been removed.

Must be a couple of people answering the complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I got it before as well but noticed the ad still disappeared after my message.

They seem to vary the response as since then I've always gotten a reply thanking me and telling me the ad has been removed.

Must be a couple of people answering the complaints

What kinda thing did you report? Maybe when something is clearly illegal, they remove the ad. In my case it was nothing "illegal" as such, the seller was just telling porkies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Anyone who reads that moronic description and then decides to buy it deserves all they get imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

unkel wrote: »
    What kinda thing did you report? Maybe when something is clearly illegal, they remove the ad. In my case it was nothing "illegal" as such, the seller was just telling porkies...

Brown log books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

When i sold my car a a couple of years ago it had 159.000 miles on it. it showed up about 3 weeks later on donedeal going for e2200 (i let it go for 1800) and had 97000 miles on it. amazing eh? those eastern europeans will sell you anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Did you report it to the Guards?
    or here http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Buying-a-car/clocked-cars.html

or you just blaming those Eastern Europeans?

• Advertisement

When i sold my car a a couple of years ago it had 159.000 miles on it. it showed up about 3 weeks later on donedeal going for e2200 (i let it go for 1800) and had 97000 miles on it. amazing eh? those eastern europeans will sell you anything!

Looney though, €400 difference is what they paid for it and what they were asking. Not much profit margin.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Looney though, €400 difference is what they paid for it and what they were asking. Not much profit margin.

Lol, I was thinking the same! Hardly worth it. Although, depending on the car it may have been a very quick €400

Lol, I was thinking the same! Hardly worth it. Although, depending on the car it may have been a very quick €400
    2000 mercedes A class, kitted out too. think it took them around a month to resell it, thats how long the ad was up for anyway.

Did you report it to the Guards?
    or here http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Buying-a-car/clocked-cars.html

or you just blaming those Eastern Europeans?
    No i didnt! probably would have been the appropriate thing to do though.
    I took the 'not my car anymore, not my problem' route. poor betsy, should never have sold her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

I bought a new A4 in 2004 which came with a KM speedo.

veetwin wrote: »
    I bought a new A4 in 2004 which came with a KM speedo.

Must of been late 04? Ie. October onwards? The brother bought a Golf and it was registered in 04 and it was the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Jesus, DoneDeal is full of some amount of shyte.

A lot of the dodgey ones like this should be glaringly obvious to anyone with a bit of cop though.... at least, you'd hope! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Must of been late 04? Ie. October onwards? The brother bought a Golf and it was registered in 04 and it was the same.

Ordered in May/June and delivered in August

Advertisement