Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer printing blank pages

• 21-02-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Printer that was previously working is now printing blank pages. Bought new ink, reinstalled drivers, tried new printer, tried printing from notepad, word, email everything and still printing blank pages. Test page not working either. Using Windows XP home, Dell printer.
    There was mention of a problem with SP2 but no solution.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

This happened to a Canon ip3600 I had - could smell a slight burning smell beside the computer one day, but couldn't source it so dismissed it. When I went to print a few days later, it kept printing blank pages.

It turned out that the print head was gone, and it was easier just to get a new printer than try and get the old one fixed - a pity as the old one was great while it lasted - it had duplex printing, CD printing, and the ink cartridges weren't as fussy as the new ones - the new one has cartridges with chips.

Edit: Actually I think the Canon IP3600 is what I replaced the old one with - I can't remember what the old one was, but it was a Canon IPxxxx anyway! This mightn't be the problem with yours, it's just that you are experiencing the same symptoms I did - troubleshooting via Windows (unsurprisingly) made absolutely no difference.

When the print head was removed, I could visibly see a kind of scorch mark on it, or something that looked like a very small burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 macrochip

Thanks for reply. The only thing is that when I tried a new printer I was having the same problem so unless the print head is gone in both printers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

Unplug your printer from the PC...

Hold the paper feed button down and turn on the power.
    The printer should do a self test when you let the button go.

This will tell you if the problem is in the printer or the PC/driver.

Tried the self test and still a blank page came out.

Whats the printer model?

• Advertisement

Its a Dell allinone inkjet 922. Also tried another printer and had same problem. Thanks

Can you check if this option is selcted

Go to the printer properties by right clicking the printer icon in Printer & Faxes.

Go to Advanced Options and select the option that reads Print Directly to the Printer and test and see if this makes a difference?

Tried this but it would not allow me select. Dont have access to the pc and printer right now but when I tried to select this some message came up saying it cannot apply.

When you have access can you post what the exact error is please?

I presume you are running as administrator as well?

Will do, thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭T-Bird

might be worth checking to see if the print queue has stuff in it. there might still be a few jobs left over with blank pages. whilst you are there try and print a test page.

Advertisement