Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just bought a Nikon d7000

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Adverts.ie, sell them as a combo. Include the batteries as you won't be needing them for the D7000. Depending on the condition, shutter count, and if you have all manuals/papers etc ... You could fetch anything up to €800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Adverts.ie, sell them as a combo. Include the batteries as you won't be needing them for the D7000. Depending on the condition, shutter count, and if you have all manuals/papers etc ... You could fetch anything up to €800

Iknow of adverts.ie, I have never used it, does it work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Don't know about selling but I bought a couple of lenses on it - Sigma 10-20 for nikon )older version) and Sigma 18-50 f2.8 - was very happy with quality and price with both!

I've bought and sold lots of equipment through it, never had any hassle. I always meet the buyer/seller in person. I have 12 positive feedback reviews which is helpful for future sales. Like anything else, you build up trust by being genuine and people will buy from or sell to you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

Adrian,

Are the old lenses compatible with the d7000

Yup, they should auto focus on it as they do the D90 aiden. I sense a box opening soon eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

D7000 or D ivorce

I hear ya, my missus is about ready to strangle me over lenses as is. I'm buying and selling on like a good thing. Working out how to get a d7000 myself. It will of course mean selling on the D90. Depends on what I can fetch for that really. Have scraped a few yo-yos together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

aidan18 wrote: »
    D7000 or D ivorce

Shouldn't that OR be an AND :)

• Advertisement

Haha, yeah. Otherwise hang on to that woman for dear life, if she'll divorce you for NOT buying new gear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Haha, yeah. Otherwise hang on to that woman for dear life, if she'll divorce you for NOT buying new gear!

:) Mine stayed. Barely!
    She's out the door when I get that Tokina 11-16 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

I had mine since Dec. Got it in Singapore about 800€ during my holidays.
    So far so good !! as an upgrade to my shutter-exhausted D200.

Still ecstatic and need to do some reading? here's the pdf books you might want to browse in your spare time :P

fs211.jpg + fs210.jpg

<click picture to dl the book>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

So you want to know what's inside your new D7000? Look no further ...

how-to-take-a-nikon-d7000-apart from Nikon Rumours.

File under "Don't try this at home".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I was looking at the d7000 gallery here on Pixel Peeper:
    http://www.pixel-peeper.com/cameras/?camera=1496

Very impressive image quality. Theres just something in the colour textures that kinda grips your eyes. Very nice. I think I would choose this over a Canon 60d.

Can someone with a D7000 post up an image, any old image, of ISO 6400 performance in poor lighting, or even a few examples? Please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The nikon reduction on these ends today if anyone is thinking about getting one.

Can someone with a D7000 post up an image, any old image, of ISO 6400 performance in poor lighting, or even a few examples? Please :)

I posted a few on pix at 2500 and 3200 earlier tonight (night shots only) http://pix.ie/asadlier/album/403999. one at 5000 earlier in the thread and a comparison of D80 and D7000 upto 6400 at
    http://pix.ie/asadlier/album/396282. The last lot were not processed except conversion to JPEG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

This was taken at 6400 with the D7000 while i was walking. The image itself isnt great and hardly sells the D7000 but it stayed sharp and clear, even though the light was low and i was moving. :)

5301307801_e8c381cf00_z.jpg

Cheers lads.

I wouldn't plan on using 6400 very often, but nice to know it's more than capable. Good as the D90 is, I wouldn't dream of going into it's high modes beyond 3200, I don't even go 3200 unless there is no other way out.

That image right there is very respectable for 6400.

Me want! Bit of scrimping and saving yet to be done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hecklar wrote: »
    5301307801_e8c381cf00_z.jpg
    "*BEEP BEEP* get off da track ya fuppin' lunatic photographer!"

• Advertisement

Just a quick update on my new D7000. It just died after 4,733 shuuter actuations - looks like the shutter mechanism is gone! After a little digging found a case on line of similar problem from someone else after 2 months use! Is there a design problem? And I had just secured a space on the media bus for the Parade at College green :( Looks like I will have to rethink my plans for Thursday...

Woah, that is worrying.

I'v decided I can't afford to upgrade from the D90 for the time being. I'll wait until the D7000 drops in price and then sell on to buy one. For now I need more glass.

It'll give plenty of time to see if this is a common problem too. If you took it back to the store they should replace it no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Just a quick update on my new D7000. It just died after 4,733 shuuter actuations - looks like the shutter mechanism is gone! After a little digging found a case on line of similar problem from someone else after 2 months use! Is there a design problem? And I had just secured a space on the media bus for the Parade at College green :( Looks like I will have to rethink my plans for Thursday...

If it was a common problem I'd say, given the tendency of internet fora to emphasise the negative, that there'd be hysteria on digital forums, demands for product recalls, class action suits etc etc etc
    You've probably just been unlucky. There's a well known 'bathtub' curve that describes the failure characteristics of electronic equipment. It's likely to fail at the start of its life (most likely because the unit is substandard or defective) or enjoy a long and trouble free use until toward the end of it's projected service life, when failure rates start to rise again due to wear and tear on components.
    It's still under warranty, right ?

Yeah, it's under a two year warranty. I dropped it back to the store today. It will take at least two weeks to get it sorted. I'd prefer it to happen early in the cameras life rather than later. I reckon they will replace the shutter mechanism. Will post again when I have an update..

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Just ordered one as backup to my d700 - although I expect to use the extra reach quite a bit for sports and birds (feathery kind of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There's a well known 'bathtub' curve that describes the failure characteristics of electronic equipment. It's likely to fail at the start of its life (most likely because the unit is substandard or defective) or enjoy a long and trouble free use until toward the end of it's projected service life, when failure rates start to rise again due to wear and tear on components.

That's actually really interesting and makes a great deal of sense.

Tonight at 10pm I am recieving my new d7000 with 18-105 kit and today is going s-l-o-w-l-y.

I thought you good people might understand my pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Tonight at 10pm I am recieving my new d7000 with 18-105 kit and today is going s-l-o-w-l-y.

I thought you good people might understand my pain!

Ok, to torture you a little more..... what if......

what if your delivery person didn't reset their watch for summer time, then it could be an hour extra you'll have to wait :eek:

Hah! Enjoy!

Say cheese!!!

I just got mine back from repair. The shutter was replaced as it had failed gloriously - took my sensor our as well! So now I have a new shutter, sensor and what feels like a new camera! Just as I was starting to get used to the D80 again!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement