Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ box or tv problem

• 21-02-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Ok, I'm not sure why but my Sky+ box resets itself a few times a day and aswell as the annoying background music coming back on, it changes the tv aspect from 16:9 back to 4:3
    I know Sky have some environmental energy saving thing round 11pm it goes into auto standby but this is really starting to bug me.
    And theres no set time between it resetting either, could be a few hours, or could be as soon as I've changed it.

Has anyone got any idea's ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

What kind of box do you have is it an old sky+ box (White) or the new sky+box Black also called a sky+hd box.

If its the white one press services, and then option 1 picture settings and set the box to 16:9 and save the setting.

If it continues to change to 4:3 then its a setting on your tv thats responsible. You should check the settings on the picture set the picture control to manual if possible and set it to widescreen or 16:9

Regarding the box turning into standby this happens when the box hasnt changed channel in the past 2 hours of use...you can disable this from happening...

On the white sky box press services and then hit no 5 I think....Auto standy and switch it to off and save the setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Thanks yeah I am changing all those settings. Thats what i have to do each time it resets. It is the old white Sky+ box, have it round 5yrs. I'll have a look through the tv settings and see if something is set to auto

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Have the same problem myself with the white Sky+ box.Also I get the message every so often please unplug set top box and leave off for 5 minutes. This is starting to drive me mad.Any ideas please ?

Advertisement