Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Sky FTV card no longer working after upgrade to SKy+ HD box

• 21-02-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help.

I have a sky HD sub and late ast year i purchased a white FTV card for the few extra channels, Fiver Five US, C4 HD etc...

Anyway when I first got the card i could swap it inthe box with my regular sub card and both worked fine.

When the white FTV card was in, the EPG would default to UK EPG and i could watch the extra few channels I wanted.

I haven't used the white FTV card for a few weeks, and when i went to put it in the box yesterday i couldn't for the life of me get the UK EPG to appear. I think Sky have done a recent upgrade. But i thought with a white FTV card i could still get the UK epg when required?

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Borgman100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a sky HD sub and late ast year i purchased a white FTV card for the few extra channels, Fiver Five US, C4 HD etc...

Anyway when I first got the card i could swap it inthe box with my regular sub card and both worked fine.

When the white FTV card was in, the EPG would default to UK EPG and i could watch the extra few channels I wanted.

I haven't used the white FTV card for a few weeks, and when i went to put it in the box yesterday i couldn't for the life of me get the UK EPG to appear. I think Sky have done a recent upgrade. But i thought with a white FTV card i could still get the UK epg when required?

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Card needs to be paired to the box, You will need to call call centre to do this.

Hope you are in the UK for this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

skys recent upgrade will no longer allow you to default the box to the uk EPG. no matter what you do it will remain on the irish EPG. another clever sneaky move by SKY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

skys recent upgrade will no longer allow you to default the box to the uk EPG. no matter what you do it will remain on the irish EPG. another clever sneaky move by SKY

Ive a FTV card paired with a box under a NI postcode, UK EPG works fine.

ah perhaps because its a uk card then. in that case call sky to pair it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What if you restart the HD box with the white card inserted? Surely the UK EPG loads then?

• Advertisement

as far as im aware if its a HD box and has an irish EPG loaded you cant get it back to the uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Borgman100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

The FTV card doesn't need to be paired to a box unlike a regular subscription card. Most likely the card needs to update its entitlements and will be fine. Leave it in the box overnight and should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

as far as im aware if its a HD box and has an irish EPG loaded you cant get it back to the uk.

It doesn't matter what box the OP has. If he owns a UK FTV card it should load the UK EPG for the region the card was supplied to. Assuming it is an actual FTV card and not a dodgy ex-sub that's been killed off by SKY the card does not need to be paired with a new box.

However if the card has been out of a receiver for some time it may have missed an update and it may not clear the encrypted FTV channels like C4HD. In this case it will need to be left in the reciever overnight maybe longer to receive an update.

The UK EPG should load if the card is inserted correctly and the box is powered off at the mains and then restarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Thank you all for the advice.

I purchased the card from sky under my parents uk address. When i first received the card i had to call sky and they activated it (paired it to the box for me).

I'm wondering if it is because I haven't had the card inserted in the box for a few weeks that the entitlements have not been updated as I have been using my sub sky card.

If I leave the FTV card in ovvernight as mentioned by a poster above, will it update the entitlements automatically. I'd rather not have to call sky again to pair the card to the box again.

Any thoughts?

And thanks again for all the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I'd say it's the entitlements. Try a new install through the engineers menu with the FTV card. Make sure to have it connected to the phoneline to complete the install.
    That should re-add any missed entitlements.
    I can't imagine they would check your phone number against the registered UK number so it shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Thanks for the advice. I don't have the box connected to the phoneline. I never did from the day the sky engineer installed the box.

I'll leave the card in the box tonight and see if that does the trick to update it.

Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Never have sky box connected to phoneline when you have a UK ftv card in box!!

Leave card in box. Switch box to sky news. And leave over night. All will be fine.

Advertisement