Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to do in... Gorey

Options
  • 21-02-2011 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Has anyone tried the Blitz Gym or the 4A's Walking Club? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wexford Woman

Never even heard of them in Gorey!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SisterBliss

4 A's Walking Club

Billy Halford
    College Road
    Gorey
    Co. Wexford
    Phone: 087 0544518 or 055 22251
    Email: billyandmaryhalford@eircom.net

Open to over 18s or with parents' consent. Meet each Sunday 10.00am, car park of Joe O'Toole's Pub, Aughrim. Long and short walks (mostly Wicklow). Trips away 2-3 times a year . Anybody welcome.

The Blitz Gym is in Gorey Business Park and it is a cross-training exercise program that combines strength training, boxing and martial arts into a 20-minute circuit called, "The Blitz Ring"

• Registered Users Posts: 18 yogibaby

SisterBliss, did you try the 4a's walking club? or even the tennis club?
    I might give the walking club a shot

:)

Hi Yogibaby,
    Nope haven't tried either yet- tennis wouldn't be my forte!
    Would be interested in joining the walking club, I've sent an email to find out about upcoming walks. I'll keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wexford Woman

Id be interested in that too as long as it wasnt up the mountains! Maybe youd let me know how you get on with the info. Many thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

I got a reply from the walking club.
    The walks have two grades: grade A walks are between 4 and 6 hours long, grade B are between 3 and 4 hours. There are about 30 members in the club - 5 from Gorey and 1 from Wexford. They meet every sunday in Aughrim and members are advised of the type of walk by text message.
    Everyone is welcome, beginners walks on every second sunday. You can take part in a couple of introductory walks before joining.
    Check out www.treksntrails.ie for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 18 yogibaby

Hey

I was talking to Billy, who runs it, he's very nice
    and am joining in this Sunday
    anyone going from Courtown can get a life to Aughrim
    as there's a few already going from this area
    it'll be bout a 3 hour walk, not sure of the exact treck
    but yes Im sure some of it will be uphill!
    I'll let u know how I get on!
    also started the tennis lessons
    loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

How about a pub crawl, plenty of choice and plenty of exercise in a good cause? If it were me though I'd stick to French's on Main Street and just exercise my arm. :D

Advertisement