Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atm fraud ashbourne

Options
  • 21-02-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

noticed this morning a amount off money missing from my account, called the bank aib ashbourne and they siad a number of forigen transactions were made over the weekend so they canceled card, called into branch to file report and i the sixth one this morning they had recived and there was two more in the que behind me with same problem.so any one in the area using atms lately check your balance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Cover the keypad when your putting in your pin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

draffodx wrote: »
    Cover the keypad when your putting in your pin!!
    not looking for advise but thanks anyway, im warning people useing atms in the area to check there accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Any idea which ATMs were targetted?

Just checked my account and all ok, TG.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Was talking to a chap on Saturday and his girlfriend had 6ooeuro taking from here account,

think he said it was rotoath.

An awful act.

i used aib atm and ptsb atm in ashbourne in the last week so maybe one of them, bank said money should be back in my account in a week, hope so cause they didnt leave much behind for me. transactions were made in a non e.u country brazil i think but not sure yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

My card was skimmed too - not sure if it was in Ashbourne or in Dublin. ATM withdrawls in Brazil. ****ers.

Card cancelled. Bank has to investigate now and it will be up to three weeks before i get my money back.

brettmirl wrote: »
    My card was skimmed too - not sure if it was in Ashbourne or in Dublin. ATM withdrawls in Brazil. ****ers.

Card cancelled. Bank has to investigate now and it will be up to three weeks before i get my money back.

bank told me 10 days to get money back (aib), which bank are you, was in there yesterday and they said they had 21 people with the same withdrawels in brazil, they also gave me a overdraft to cover me till money came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

`Kin hell I took out money at the weekend nothing shaking yet in the account thank god just out of interest I used the left machine

Advertisement