Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine shop blanch main street

Options
  • 21-02-2011 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know the name of the Wine shop that is across the road from CT2 on blanch main street? Google isnt helping me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Think it's called Warehouse wines or something like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Perfect place for it, with Abra round the block ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Has anyone been in it?

A difficult place to get parking unless you pay and display which means you will only get the occasional person stopping in as they stagger home but its early closing time (have never seen it open past about nine) means those customers are probably fewer too.

Seriously, is the wine list worth a visit, we are short enough of quality wine shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Godge wrote: »
    Has anyone been in it?

A difficult place to get parking unless you pay and display which means you will only get the occasional person stopping in as they stagger home but its early closing time (have never seen it open past about nine) means those customers are probably fewer too.

Seriously, is the wine list worth a visit, we are short enough of quality wine shops?

You can thank the former minister for Justice for the stupidly early closing times. Makes me melancholic for the days when we used to be able to pop into an off licence at 11pm!

Parking around there is messy, with so many empty units nearer Superquinn it surprises me that they chose to open there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Hi, I've been there three times. Helpful staff - pretty good selection, (maybe the best in the area).

They even have a few Austrian wines (I'm going through a Gruner Vetliner phase). :)

Somewhat fills the vacuum left behind by Oddbins leaving Blanch centre. They're fairly good about giving discount if you buy a "good few" bottles.

http://www.cellars.ie/Contactus.aspx

Online catalog does not reflect shop stock.

Parking is chaotic there!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

That's great to hear - the wine shop at the Hole in the Wall has me hooked on Austrian whites!

Advertisement