Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade - have I already paid or do I pay next year?

Options
  • 21-02-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I have a bog standard 29pm tariff from Vodafone since last May, I needed a new phone at the time. I'm trying to decide if I should switch back to PAYG or 30 day contract when contract period is up. So what I'm wondering is have I already paid into my upgrade phone subsidy or was I paying for last years one during the past 12 months? I do like new phones but I could as easily pick one up online when I need to somewhere, and the one I have is working fine for now. The major deciding factor in all of above being cost and value for money. thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

So I might as well cancel it when the contract period is up then? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its kind of both tbh, upgrades are based on your spend since your last one to get the upgrade, but it ties you into a contract for another 12/18 months to pay back the subsidy level.

want to get the best value for a phone? move networks every year, first time connections are always cheaper than upgrades, its the nature of the business

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

literally everyone I ring or text is on VF, whats the chances of getting a better deal with a different network / would the saving equal the value of the free VF - VF calls and messages, well mostly calls, I text off the net when I'm at home, which is most of the time...

Advertisement