Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Binding

Options
  • 21-02-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I'm finished my thesis (yay!) and I'm looking to get it bound.

Guidelines dictate that it has to be 'bound within boards... of a fixed kind which leaves are permanently secured. The board shall have a sufficient rigidity to support the weight of the work when standing on a shelf'

Now ignoring all that sufficient rigidity stuff, does bound within boards mean an almost card (like a paperback but stronger obviously) or does it mean a kind of leatherette cover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

I dunno what all that goobel-dee-gook is talking about but the options:
    > if it is for the internal and external examiners then its is soft bound (usually a card back and a clear plastic cover)
    > if it is after the viva and all the changes are made and you are doing up the documents for the supervisor, Int and Ext then it is the leather bound one.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paul.M92

meganj wrote: »
    I'm finished my thesis (yay!) and I'm looking to get it bound.

Guidelines dictate that it has to be 'bound within boards... of a fixed kind which leaves are permanently secured. The board shall have a sufficient rigidity to support the weight of the work when standing on a shelf'

Now ignoring all that sufficient rigidity stuff, does bound within boards mean an almost card (like a paperback but stronger obviously) or does it mean a kind of leatherette cover?

I would go for leather bound. It shows that you not only have belief in your work but that you have a high regard for the work you have completed and want to protect it. This will stand well with any examiner or scholar who chooses to scrutinise your work...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Thank you both.

I got it bound in the end anyway and submitted too! :D

Advertisement