Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing ingredient in recipe.

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning this later on. I went to write down the recipe and the method and realised in the method it mentions mixing in the flour but there's no flour mentioned in the list of ingredients. Does anyone have any idea how much flour I'd need? Or at least what consistency is should be?

Also, really quickly, it says mix the cheese in until the mixture is even, does that mean it should be smooth with no lumps of cheese or would lumps be ok?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

It looks as though it would be quite a sloppy mix without flour, so very hard to shape and coat.

You have two choices. Either add flour slowly until you reckon you have a mix that you can work. (Chilling it before coating will probably help.) Or email the "contact" address on their website.

I reckon "even" means lump-free.

Let us know what you find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I missed your reply earlier so I just altered the recipe slightly.

I trimmed the cheese in to medallions and then tossed them in seasoned flour. Dipped them in some egg and finally in a mix of toasted and crushed pine nuts and walnuts, before banging them in a pan of butter and a little oil. It was the messiest thing I've made in a long time but it was so tasty. Had them with a little ballymaloe relish on the side and with a rocket and tomato salad with a lime and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

So tasty and well worth the effort.

I'm gonna email them through the contact us part you suggested earlier and make them the way in the recipe and see how I get on :) Cheers for the help :)

Advertisement