Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer departures??

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

It seems we are gonna be tested this summer with bids flying in for a few of our guys especially Modders and Bale. I been thinking about which one we could afford to lose.

Someone is gonna offer silly silly money for Bale and i feel 50-80 million would be a good deal for us as long as we could get someone like Adam Johnson as a replacement or Convert Kyle Naughton into the next flying left wing wizard. I think for the amounts be spoken about i could live with the loss.

On the other hand i dont think we should let Modric go for any price, for me he's irreplaceable and integral to where we are now and where we want to go. He has everything we've been missing since Hoddle, Gazza and Hazzard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Whatever about Bale Modric shouldn't be going anywhere. I'd be expecting €60m at the least for Bale, plus a top striker:).
    Don't think VDV will be going anywhere either, considering his age coupled with the fee required to get him.
    Crouch shouldn't go, he's so unique and it would be a mistake to get rid of him IMO.
    Keane will more than likely go. Hopefully we'll get €10m for him, perhaps that's a bit optimistic though.
    I hope Bentley goes, that'd be another handy €10m for some one that does nothing for us.
    Walker needs to come back to us asap. I think we're not allowed call him back though till the season is over afaik. I reckon bigger clubs will be all over him this summer, fantastic prospect.
    O' Hara can go provided we keep both Pienaar and Kranjcar, I really like O' Hara but with the two of them there wouldn't be a need for him in the squad.
    IMO we should let Woody go, not doing us any favours. Great player but far too injury prone to be commanding a place in the 25 man squad.

Everyone else should be staying, I'd be really surprised if some one not mentioned above were to leave.
    This summer Harry really needs to concentrate on getting a world-class striker, and also a back-up LB for when Benny needs a rest or gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I'm not a fan of crouchs but that goal tuesday night elevates him to legendary status.

We idolise players who to be honest were pretty rubbish for us, Freund, van den hauw etc and crouch always gives 100%. We really need a song for the big man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd imagine that Bentley, Keane and Giovani will definitely leave, netting us £15 million between them I'd imagine. With Walker likely to return and push for the RB slot one of Hutton/Corluka can go, probably Hutton as he is more similar to Walker and seemingly out of favour for some mysterious reason at the moment. Also, Charlies attitude seemed first class when he was out of the team so you'd want to hang onto guys like that.

A decision needs to be made on Woodgate and King, we can't afford to be carrying two suxh injury prone players in the same position, and as mentioned above a back-up/young LB is required.

In midfield I think we can let O'Hara go. I think he is a really good player but we can't offer him enough games and I don't think he is at his best as a rotation player.

Up top I'd like to hang onto Crouch and Defoe but Pav can go if we get our "star striker" in.

So, in summary likely departures are:
    Hutton
    Woodgate or King
    O'Hara
    Bentley
    Giovani
    Keane
    Pavlyuchenko

Edit:
    As for the star names - I think a lot is dependent on securing Champions League football again. If we don't then one or more of them could force through a transfer to City/United or whoever. We would be well compensated for the likes of Bale or Modric but we would be stuck with the tag of selling club again.

Advertisement