Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in the city

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

heading to cork city for the weekend, could anyone recommend a nice, centrally located good value restaurant? something bisto/brasserie-like, with main courses under €20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I use the Strasbourg Goose quite a bit - mains are around €13-€16 & its very central in French Church Street. Always found the service to be pretty good - may have to book though

http://www.strasbourggoosecork.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Scozzis is quite nice cozy spot do a bit of everything or Zaks is a good one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Continental on Maylor Street. I've mentioned it on here before. It's unbelievable!!! :o:o Looks so unassuming from outside, but the food is out of this world! And it's really reasonable too. And the staff are lovely. It's just got so much going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Rapunzels wrote: »
    heading to cork city for the weekend, could anyone recommend a nice, centrally located good value restaurant? something bisto/brasserie-like, with main courses under €20.

Amicus in Paul st is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rapunzels

thanks a million for those. all set now

• Advertisement

Andip wrote: »
    I use the Strasbourg Goose quite a bit -

Was there yesterday evening for the first time, seriously tasty food and savage value, 3 courses for €20 :eek: It was really really lovely.

OP, Zaks on Marlboro Street and Market Lane on Oliver Plunkett Street are also very good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Been meaning to try the goose. Heard great things and serious value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

gpf101 wrote: »
    Been meaning to try the goose. Heard great things and serious value.

Would recommend the fish cakes, lamb shanks and the chocolate gateaux with baileys creme sauce :)

Advertisement