Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mumford & Sons - TICKET SALES ARE NOT ALLOWED

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:27pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Fresh from their triumph at the BRIT Awards last week, Mumford & Sons have announced plans to perform at a series of intimate Highland gigs as well as a set of Irish dates next month.

Mumford & Sons picked up the award for 'British Album of the Year' at the BRIT awards ceremony last week in London. Their album 'Sigh No More' fighting off competition from Plan B's 'The Defamation of Strickland Banks', Take That's 'Progress', Tinie Tempah's 'Disc-Overy' and The XX's 'XX'.

No strangers to playing intimate venues, its hard to think that Mumford & Sons were playing small bars and cafe just two years ago. The success of the group is staggering and following millions of album sales and countless awards, Mumford & Sons will return to playing low-key shows at some special gigs in the Scottish Highlands and Ireland.

Kicking-off their intimate venue tour at Aros Hall, Tobermory, on the Isle of Mull, Scotland on March 2nd, Mumford & Sons will head north calling in at venues in Fort William, Stornoway, Inverness, Lerwick and more. The band will then head to Ireland for a run of four shows from March 14th to March 18th.

Due to the small capacity of the Highland venues, tickets for the shows are limited to 2 per person and there are no online or phone sales. Tickets for Mumford & Sons' Highland shows are onsale now from the box offices at the venues.

Mumford & Sons will play the following Scottish Highland gigs:

Aros Hall, Tobermory - March 2nd
    The BA Club, Fort William - March 3rd
    The Loft, Forres - March 4th
    Ullapools Village Hall - March 5th
    An Lanntair, Stornoway - March 7th
    Ironworks, Inverness - March 8th
    Weisdale Hall, Lerwick - March 9th
    St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall - March 11th

Mumford & Sons will play the following Irish dates:

Savoy, Cork - 14th March
    Radisson Hotel, Galway - 15th March
    Dolans Warehouse, Limerick City - 16th March
    Olympia Theatre, Dublin - 18th March

Tickets For Mumford & Sons' March 2011 Irish Shows are onsale from 9am on Wednesday February 23rd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Cheers for that.
    Anybody know if Dolans in Limerick are strictly 18+?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

wow that's unreal - those tickets will sell in no time obviously - are ticketmaster doing the honours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Wow, going to try and get myself tickets for this. Saw them at pukkelpop last year and they were brilliant.

Edit: Where did you find that, nothing on their website or ticketmaster about any Irish dates, just the Scottish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

feck it anyway wont be here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Tickets aren't being sold online, only at Box Office's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Any Word on ticket Price?

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Mumford-and-Sons-Announce-Irish-Tour/62644.htm

€27 for Dublin, €28 for the others. Doesn't mention on that if it's just box office sales anyway, it just says they're on sale on Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

27-28 euro

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kateos2 wrote: »
    Wow, going to try and get myself tickets for this. Saw them at pukkelpop last year and they were brilliant.

Edit: Where did you find that, nothing on their website or ticketmaster about any Irish dates, just the Scottish ones.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/163660/121

I think only the Scottish dates are Box Office
    Due to the small capacity of the Highland venues, tickets for the shows are limited to 2 per person and there are no online or phone sales. Tickets for Mumford & Sons' Highland shows are onsale now from the box offices at the venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

according to Ticketmaster 2 door cinema club are in the Olympia on the 18th....plus Mumford and Son's website only mention the Scottish leg of the tour

whats the source OP ?

• Advertisement

It's on MCD website now.
    Tickets for Cork, Galway and Limerick are priced €28.00 and Dublin from €27.00 inclusive of booking fee and on sale this Wednesday 23rd February at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Link

Also, apparently it's a special late night one in the olympia, so they could play after Two Door Cinema Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

will be watching this one like a hawk, saw them in the academy and in Amsterdam last year....excellent band live

€27 is decent def gonna try get tickets for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

aranciata wrote: »
    Cheers for that.
    Anybody know if Dolans in Limerick are strictly 18+?

Dolans have just tweeted it is strictly 18+.
    Fingers crossed for tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

This guys are absolute jokers. Polished pop and up there with Script and Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

NickDrake wrote: »
    This guys are absolute jokers. Polished pop and up there with Script and Westlife.

Whats wrong with polished pop? They arn't the next Beatles but they are very good live and have made some decent tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lets have a guess hwo many tickets will be on Ebay at 7pm Wed Night.

I'll go for 140

• Registered Users Posts: 7 2blonde1988

just wondering how early should you queue wens morning at ticketmaster(limerick).never queued for tickets before but just wondering the best time to start queuing?love mumford and sons soo much.

just wondering how early should you queue wens morning at ticketmaster(limerick).never queued for tickets before but just wondering the best time to start queuing?love mumford and sons soo much.

Even if you're first in the queue there's a good chance you won't get a ticket.

I've heard from many people in the past who have gone to outlets and not got tickets. Reasons are anything, from staff being late, to being unable to log on, to just being too slow to get any tickets.

Best bet is trying to get them online at ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

It's on TM now. Olympia show is at 11.30pm!! Would have went if it was an earlier show :mad: They were brilliant at The Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

musicmania wrote: »
    It's on TM now. Olympia show is at 11.30pm!! Would have went if it was an earlier show :mad: They were brilliant at The Electric Picnic.

no they weren't. They were polished and their sound was awful.

These guys are brutal and the guy can't even sing.

Went to the Scripts Midnight at the Olympia and it really added to the performance. You can have a few cheap drinks before you go in as opposed to expensive crap ones in there, enjoy the music and its time to head home at the end. I'd advise you go.

NickDrake wrote: »
    no they weren't. They were polished and their sound was awful.

These guys are brutal and the guy can't even sing.

Well I was standing at the front and the sound was fine there. You not liking them is just your opinion.
    bren2001 wrote: »
    Went to the Scripts Midnight at the Olympia and it really added to the performance. You can have a few cheap drinks before you go in as opposed to expensive crap ones in there, enjoy the music and its time to head home at the end. I'd advise you go.

Yeah I like late gigs too but that is too late for getting home as I don't live in Dublin and finances won't stretch to staying over.

Well I was standing at the front and the sound was fine there. You not liking them is just your opinion.

Yeah I like late gigs too but that is too late for getting home as I don't live in Dublin and finances won't stretch to staying over.

Blooms Hotel (Temple Bar) is offering 1 nights B&B with Full Irish Breakfast for 40Euro, that's 20euro each!!

http://www.beddeals.ie/

scudzilla wrote: »
    Blooms Hotel (Temple Bar) is offering 1 nights B&B with Full Irish Breakfast for 40Euro, that's 20euro each!!

http://www.beddeals.ie/

That is a bargain alright! Hmmm. A little more thinking required I think ;)

For anyone who is signed up to the Mumford and Sons mailing list, there's a presale tomorrow morning at 9! Check your emails :D

kateos2 wrote: »
    For anyone who is signed up to the Mumford and Sons mailing list, there's a presale tomorrow morning at 9! Check your emails :D

Just joined their mailing list. I will be getting into College early tomorrow to set my laptop up to book these. Second time this (college) year i'll be booking tickets in lectures. Last time they wern't too impressed.

Capacity is what, 1,200??

200 of that will go to record company, band, hangers on leaving 1,000 left.

I'd say they'll split it 50/50 between presale and general (500 each)

With a 4 tickets per person limit there's only gonna be 125 lucky people!!!

Chances are getting slimmer and slimmer

scudzilla wrote: »
    Capacity is what, 1,200??

200 of that will go to record company, band, hangers on leaving 1,000 left.

I'd say they'll split it 50/50 between presale and general (500 each)

With a 4 tickets per person limit there's only gonna be 125 lucky people!!!

Chances are getting slimmer and slimmer

When the Script played for charity over christmas I had no bother getting tickets. You just have to refresh a lot. I wouldn't say it'll be a 50/50 split i'd say 20% on presale. Still only 250 lucky people.

I'm also banking on a lot of people not knowing about the gig. Announced at 4ish (?) today and presale tomorrow with a general sale on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Dont think they would give 50% of tickets to presale tbh . It will be hard to get tickets mind you but everytime ive went to get tickets online ive been very lucjy bar AC/DC in the O2

Advertisement