Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mumford & Sons - TICKET SALES ARE NOT ALLOWED

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just coz the script had one doesn't mean mumford will. Was their a gig on before the script as well?

I dunno was their a gig on before hand. I don't think so. Equally just because there is a gig on before hand does not mean that there will not be a support act. Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bren2001 wrote: »
    I dunno was their a gig on before hand. I don't think so. Equally just because there is a gig on before hand does not mean that there will not be a support act. Boom!

I think it would make it less likely. I doubt there'll be a support act for mumford anyway. Smaller gigs don't tend to have support as much

I think it would make it less likely. I doubt there'll be a support act for mumford anyway. Smaller gigs don't tend to have support as much

I wouldn't say this is a smaller gig. The Script were just over a tener and are around the same size as Mumford. Sure we will see on the night

I wouldn't say this is a smaller gig. The Script were just over a tener and are around the same size as Mumford. Sure we will see on the night

Eh, earth to Bren2001, the Olympia is a small theatre

Eh, earth to Bren2001, the Olympia is a small theatre

The Olympia is a small theatre. It's also the theatre that Ryan Sheridan warmed up for the Script at. The exact same venue..... Oh but you wouldn't of known that.....you decided not to go to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Script are way bigger than Mumford & Sons

The Olympia is a small theatre. It's also the theatre that Ryan Sheridan warmed up for the Script at. The exact same venue..... Oh but you wouldn't of known that.....you decided not to go to it.

Had an exam

Thank you

Infairness they have sold out 3 nights in the o2 and are doing an Aviva date as well as Oxegen.

I don't really see how that effects the probability of Mumford having a support. The concert itself is the same size.

Infairness they have sold out 3 nights in the o2 and are doing an Aviva date as well as Oxegen.

I don't really see how that effects the probability of Mumford having a support. The concert itself is the same size.

He was just picking up on the fact that you said Mumford and The Script were the same size

5 blips says Mumford don't have a support act

He was just picking up on the fact that you said Mumford and The Script were the same size

5 blips says Mumford don't have a support act

Yeah, i forgot about the sheer amount of gigs they were doing here. Outside of Ireland I would say Mumford are bigger tho.

5 blips. We shall see next Friday!

• Advertisement

Yeah, i forgot about the sheer amount of gigs they were doing here. Outside of Ireland I would say Mumford are bigger tho.

5 blips. We shall see next Friday!

Nah id still say Script are bigger if you look at their Uk Tour places like O2 , Wembley , MEN Arena etc and plus there pretty big in the USA.

Anyways id say its 50/50 if M&S have a support act in the Olympia

http://www.mumfordandsons.com//news/supporting-in-ireland-albatross

Support act confirmed for all 4 dates.

Ill collect my 5 blips in the Olympia, thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

never heard of Albatross..any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jighooligan

What does it even matter if The Script are bigger or not? And in saying they have more dates in Ireland then Mumford and Sons this year so what? Didnt M&S just announce a tour across the States along with the rumors of a bigger UK & Ireland tour at the end of this year?

What does it even matter if The Script are bigger or not? And in saying they have more dates in Ireland then Mumford and Sons this year so what? Didnt M&S just announce a tour across the States along with the rumors of a bigger UK & Ireland tour at the end of this year?

Because someone said that M&S are bigger then the Script , so i just said they were not and is true

We were talking about support acts and the gig was compared to The Script who also played a late show in the Olympia. We were comparing the bands coz they played the same type of show and usually a bigger band would have a support act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Bring on the Cork gig tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just suffered the two and a half hour drive to get down here ;). Heading home tomorrow after the concert.

Doors open at 8 is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jighooligan

Would be very helpful if someone that was at the Cork gig could post the set list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Also any idea what time Mumford & Sons came on at last night? Heading to the Galway gig tonight and want to see a good chuck of the United match before heading down.

I think it was twenty five to ten. Very good set. Alot of new songs in the set. Crowd 25 + mostly in age group. The fella playing the banjo would really want to cut that horrible pigtail at the back of his head

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Last night was amazing. Only went because my gf loves them but they put on a great show =) we went to 2 door cinema club before them who were good but there were sooo many drunken 15 year olds at it who kept trying to start moshing. I honestly thought i was the oldest person there and Im only 18 in a few months..

Anyhow, Mumford and Sons were really great. The support act (Albatross) was also good and they all seemed like lovely people =) We were right at the barrier but there was no pushing whatsoever and my gf was ecstatic when they played Timshel acoustically, no mic's no speakers no nothing :cool:

UPDATE

just finished uploading the video of it on youtube =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkBq47Bgzbg

Last night was amazing. Only went because my gf loves them but they put on a great show =) we went to 2 door cinema club before them who were good but there were sooo many drunken 15 year olds at it who kept trying to start moshing. I honestly thought i was the oldest person there and Im only 18 in a few months..

Anyhow, Mumford and Sons were really great. The support act (Albatross) was also good and they all seemed like lovely people =) We were right at the barrier but there was no pushing whatsoever and my gf was ecstatic when they played Timshel acoustically, no mic's no speakers no nothing :cool:

Timshel was absolutely incredible last night, really nice to see a modern band trying something a bit different with their live show like that. The whole show was fantastic but definitely Timshel was the highlight of the night.
    Also, the new stuff sounds really really good I thought, often difficult to judge from a live show but it still sounded excellent

Advertisement