Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of The Stone Age Olympia 19/05/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

****ing bitchin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

completely delighted about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Class, hopefully I can get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

I am absolutely buzzing about this. The last gig they played here was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Brilliant! only really getting properly into these :o but I cant wait!

• Advertisement

It should be pointed out that the gig will be the first album played in its entirety.

It should be pointed out that the gig will be the first album played in its entirety.
    YES!!! Old QOTSA > New QOTSA. That re-issue of the S/T was supposed to be released on Mike Patton's record label Ipecac back in November (QOTSA vinyl was released on that label, as was a couple of Mondo Generator albums), but it was pulled for **** knows what reason. If I remember correctly it's being next month on another label.

That's savage news, Regular John is one of my favourite Queens songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Tickets, how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Tickets, how much?
    45 euro

45 euro

Fúck sake.

• Advertisement

Fúck sake.
    Ah get off it! All considered it's grand. I don't know how people who over react to ticket prices live today, most gigs cost as much if not more than that, how do you keep on getting shocked?

I didnt over-react, I merely stated my discontent. I was half hoping they would cost €30 which is still expensive. €45 is just too much, especially considering Id be buying two tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

I didnt over-react, I merely stated my discontent. I was half hoping they would cost €30 which is still expensive. €45 is just too much, especially considering Id be buying two tickets.

€45 is 4,500 cents.

QOTSA live are worth every single one of those!! :D

Fingers crossed this'll be my fourth time seeing them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

It will be my second time seeing them (Only this time I will actually know more than one song :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I really want to go to this. Hope I can get the tickets online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gonna be 8th time seeing them (I hope). Buzzed that its self-titled with b-sides, god BOrn to Hula and Droids will be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Nailz wrote: »
    YES!!! Old QOTSA > New QOTSA. That re-issue of the S/T was supposed to be released on Mike Patton's record label Ipecac back in November (QOTSA vinyl was released on that label, as was a couple of Mondo Generator albums), but it was pulled for **** knows what reason. If I remember correctly it's being next month on another label.

That's savage news, Regular John is one of my favourite Queens songs.
    Its being released on Rekords Rekords, through Domino Records, I believe. It'll be interesting to see if the new album is being released on an indie label.

Can't wait for this gig. I saw them at Pukkelpop last year expecting to hear the first album, but they just played a rather mediocre mixed set with a lot of stuff off Era Vulgaris.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Its being released on Rekords Rekords, through Domino Records, I believe. It'll be interesting to see if the new album is being released on an indie label.

Can't wait for this gig. I saw them at Pukkelpop last year expecting to hear the first album, but they just played a rather mediocre mixed set with a lot of stuff off Era Vulgaris.

Think they have one album left for Interscope, then they going onto rekReks, which is Homme's.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

HAVE to get tickets to this tomorrow - hopefully ticketmaster on-line will work for me for once - I was considering doing it the old-fashioned way and lining up outside a record shop just to be sure...really have to go, have never seen them before somehow, always managed to miss them at festivals and the like when I did have the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

looking forwrd to this, hopefully it'll be mostly the first 3 albums. hope i get tickets in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Mushy wrote: »
    Gonna be 8th time seeing them (I hope). Buzzed that its self-titled with b-sides, god BOrn to Hula and Droids will be amazing.

I am so unbelievably jealous of you :p

I am so unbelievably jealous of you :p

You can see why I'd be a bit annoyed at missing them now. Easily favourite band, and this one in particular will be special for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I got mine.:D

They sold out seconds after I did though.:eek:

2 standing tickets! Absolutely delighted, 5th time seeing them for me and still buzzing about it as if it were my first. Unbelievable live band!

Sold it in seconds from the looks of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Dang you !
    Was on [EMAIL="TicketB@$tard"]TicketB@$tard[/EMAIL] before 9am ready to strike and everytime all I got was "Tickets not available try again". Horse manure !!
    Well done to everyone that got tickets though.
    Looks like I'll have to resort to getting one from a scumbag tout, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Air_Bass wrote: »
    Dang you !
    Was on [EMAIL="TicketB@$tard"]TicketB@$tard[/EMAIL] before 9am ready to strike and everytime all I got was "Tickets not available try again". Horse manure !!
    Well done to everyone that got tickets though.
    Looks like I'll have to resort to getting one from a scumbag tout, again.

Thats crazy I was on from 8.55, kept refreshing and got absolutely no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Got 2 standing tickets! They sold out really quick.

A friend opted to queue outside an agent, hope he was lucky enough to get his :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Sweetcorn01

:( Such misery.

Online and refreshing like a mad bastard for 10 mins before tickets were out. Yet I am empty handed.

Oh well, I'm sure xfactor will be on the telly. Why dont they televise real concerts like qotsa. This is bent. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Got mine!!!

Fcuk yeah baby!!!!

This gig is gonna be da bomb!!!

73968_1671061933557_1147637107_1884670_6832038_n.jpg

Sorry 'bout that :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Got mine also < _< >_> :D

joshhomme.jpg

Advertisement