Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of The Stone Age Olympia 19/05/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

YES!!!

Or Tangled Up In Plaid... :)

Thats actually my second favourite queens song. Played it first night in ambassador, awesome. Hope get either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Decent enough chance I'd say, they've played both a few times..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'd have Tension Head or Millionaire, would they play those despite the lack of Nick?

Did Nillionaire on last tour, Tension Head nowhere near as common.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Serbitar

If they ever do requests you have to go for the really rare ones if you ask me. B-Sides/Early Desert Sessions. I'll be shouting Coward's Way Out, that's for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Cowards Way Out would be great, nice chilled out piece.

Serbitar wrote: »
    If they ever do requests you have to go for the really rare ones if you ask me. B-Sides/Early Desert Sessions. I'll be shouting Coward's Way Out, that's for sure!

That would be too awesome. Too unlikely though, so stick to Chemistry...plleeease!

But ... but... Tangled up in Plaid ... :(
    :p Maybe they'll be extra good to us and play both that and BLTC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

This tour is first album and early stuff only.

Nothing from 2000 onwards........

Can't wait!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

oldscoil wrote: »
    This tour is first album

Yup
    and early stuff only.

No

This tour is first album and early stuff only.

Can't wait!!!!! :D

Wrong. They are playing songs from Era Vulgaris, Songs for the Deaf and Lullabies to Paralyze all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Wrong. They are playing songs from Era Vulgaris, Songs for the Deaf and Lullabies to Paralyze all the time.
    And the odd one or two from Rated R :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

HOO-YEAH!!

So what's my chances of swapping my two seating tickets tickets for two standing ones? I doubt the likeliness of it, in fairness, but the only other time I tried such a thing I succeeded and swapped with a couple in their 40's, I doubt that will happen at a QOTSA gig, were I can imagine 95% of the crowd will be below 30. I just want to be standing for Regular John is all!

Nailz wrote: »
    So what's my chances of swapping my two seating tickets tickets for two standing ones? I doubt the likeliness of it, in fairness, but the only other time I tried such a thing I succeeded and swapped with a couple in their 40's, I doubt that will happen at a QOTSA gig, were I can imagine 95% of the crowd will be below 30. I just want to be standing for Regular John is all!
    I am attempting the same, if I can swap to standing I will, I wouldn't mind paying a tiny bit extra either.

But for now I have unreserved seating, to anyone thats been in that section before, how early would you need to show up in order to get the front seats? Also is the entrance to those seats down the alley? Or do you go in the front door?

^ You mean, I have them. :)

^ You mean, I have them. :)
    Touché

I am attempting the same, if I can swap to standing I will, I wouldn't mind paying a tiny bit extra either.

But for now I have unreserved seating, to anyone thats been in that section before, how early would you need to show up in order to get the front seats? Also is the entrance to those seats down the alley? Or do you go in the front door?

For unreserved I think you're shunned down the alley:p They have to keep ye out of site as much as possible haha.

Mushy wrote: »
    For unreserved I think you're shunned down the alley:p They have to keep ye out of site as much as possible haha.
    First time I have never got standing to an Olympia gig, I will feel so shunned :P

As I said though I may try bargain with a tout for standing =/

• Advertisement

Restrictions on Dame Street for the Queen visiting, so everybody, give enough time. Don't think queues will be allowed form too much, probably need id. Have ticket conformation if doing box office collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Mushy wrote: »
    Restrictions on Dame Street for the Queen visiting, so everybody, give enough time. Don't think queues will be allowed form too much, probably need id. Have ticket conformation if doing box office collection.

Cheers for the advice.

What time approx are people planning on heading to the gig at?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Why?

Cheers for the shout man, I didnt have a clue the Queen was coming then, so that kind of restricts how I'll be travelling I reckon, have to a bus or a train from Dundalk or a bus from Shercock, I'd imagine there will be a crowd going to Dublin too. Will probably give it time, that royally screws arrangement with my mates too, no pun intended. Hopefully I'll get to Dublin by 4/5 anyway.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice.

What time approx are people planning on heading to the gig at?

I don't know anymore, might just go pub and get there right when doors open for me.
    Why?

I should have said might need id. It won't be for an age thing, I don't know what the guards will be doing (one can assume bag searches). I'd have something just in case.

I'm just giving a heads up to people that restrictions will be in place, so don't try cutting it fine with time.

Encores seem to be getting shorter..

Switzerland encore....gimme gimme gimme.
    I Never Came
    :eek::D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

I cannot wait!

I'm in the same boat with the tickets, in that I have two seating in the circle and looking for standing! Now that the other person in my party can't go because of exams, I'd nearly swap the two seating for one standing if I didn't have other friends wanting to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 freado

HAVE A SPARE STANDING TICKET FOR SALE FOR THIS GIG..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Serbitar wrote: »

I would kill for some live desert sessions tunes.

Advertisement