Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low water pressure

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi,
    I live in Riverchapel/Ardamine and since last summer we continously have problems with our mains supply. Basically, the water pressure is not strong enough to fill our tank and then our tank epmtys causing all sorts of problems with air locks etc when it does come back. We have had a plumber out and he said the issue was with our mains supply. It's very bad at weekends and I can't get nothing done-not even give the kids a bath. Oh and when I contact the council they tell me oh there's no problems with supply in your area! Dreading what it will be like in the summer when all the tourists start coming. Anyone else having these issues or have any idea what i can do about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Are your neighbours experiencing similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

the council are currently upgrading that supply, hence all the works on back roads accross ballyminaun hill and out past boley crossraods through middletown into riverchapel and onto ballygarret. €7m I think?

get in touch with the Gorey office anyway, now situated in the civic offices, the avenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Don't believe a word the Council tell you, we had the same problem and were told the same thing then they came and fitted a new pump and the problem disappeared. The new pipeline was supposed to cure everything but I'm not sure if it's complete yet.
    Contact Cllr. Robbie Ireton 0872531916 and tell him your story, he may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nicnug

Thanks for all the replies I think I'll do what everyone has suggested-hound the council, ring bobby and call into a few more of the neighbours. I live in an estate-not too big and the few neighbours i have spoken to don't seem to have the issues we have it happens to one neighbour sometimes if she runs a big bath for herself or the kids, all the other neighbours aren't as home as much as we are during the day so their tanks get a better chance to refill; but the pressure coming in on their mains tap is the same as ours-not great. We also have these massive tanks in our attic and when the plumber we got out had a look at the tank he said they obviously knew there were water issues when building the houses and put in bigger size tanks so they wouldn't empty as quick as a standard size tank but when they do empty they take a very long time to fill even with good water pressure.

Advertisement