Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 One4all Gift Card For A Spring Break

• 21-02-2011 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

We’ve decided to celebrate Spring Break – the weather is getting warmer (well it’s not snowing at least), the days are getting longer(ish), and, to be sure, we all need to escape this election commotion for a while. So what better time to annouce a Spring Break!

We have a €250 One4all Gift Card to give away to do with what you will – buy that phone you hoped you would get for Christmas, spend it on some home improvements, a general shopping spree, or even take off for that much needed spring break (and avoid spring cleaning at all costs ;)). It's up to you.

To be in with a chance to win just post in no more than a few words below what you would like to take a break from this Spring. Entries must be in before midnight February 27th and the winner will be picked at random.

Get posting and remember we’re here to provide home energy saving advice and to answer any ESB Customer Supply account queries you may have.

Best of luck!

David

(For our competition Ts&Cs click here)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Well this spring I'm gonna be in DIT for all of it so it'll be good to take a break from the normal day to day work and experience a bit of college life!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

I would like a break from the news, there's just too much doom and gloom out there. Can't think of anything better to counter news of the recession than a shopping spree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ttt3

I would take a break from the recession !!!!!!!Im sick of my pay cheque, sick of the bills and sick of myself for being a moan!!!!!:D

• Moderators Posts: 51,826 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

break from work would be nice. Hardly taken any holidays in the last few years.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 705reeves

I'd love to take a break from the grey...referring to both the weather and the mood of the country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

I'd like to take a break from paying bills for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

I'd like to take a break from routine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

If "getting away" is a euphemism for escaping then I would be more than happy to "get away" from all of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Bring my pregnant wife away for the weekend so she can forget about her sore back, sore hips etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ironpool24

Would LOVE a spring break away from work, from politicans, from traffic, from the norm to relax and have a good time :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 grrnnw

I'd love a break from our politicians and the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I'd like to take a break from watching every cent and splash out in a Michelin star restaurant. Boy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

I'd like to take a break from everyday life (work, bills, tv, news, interweb etc).

A 2 month break would be nice, somewhere remote and sunny.... I can't see that happening anytime soon so I'll settle for a €250 One4all Gift card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Definately time for a break from the moaning, the worries, the canvassers, the news. Let's go to New Zealand!...Oh maybe let's stay here after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 myjobireland

I would take a break of the cold wheather and have a little spring break at a beach in the sunny spain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

take a break from life in the country and move back to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

Would just a love a lift in these times when everything and everyone just seems to be getting you down or trying to!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

I need a break from my life in general to be perfectly honest... working overtime with no extra pay, watching my bank account balance go down and down and doooown, car broken and in the shop for 2 weeks now, guy in my life wanting every minute of my attention... its all so stressful. Maybe 250 quid to treat me, my mum & my sisters to something nice would cheer me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mazzerama

With summer time starting on 27th of March and with luck a gift from the ESB, I'd like to take a break from dark mornings and long nights indoors and splash out on a short break or some new summer clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rhapsodyway

yep as others have said, a break from doom and gloom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

I'd like to take a break from a year or so of mass negativity because it's Springtime, we have a fresh start to look forward to with a new Government and the economy works in a cyclical fashion so we won't always have it so bad. Who wants political complacency and an inflated economy anyway? As David Bowie said "ch-ch-changes, just gonna have to be a different man." :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'd be taking a break from work - a nice long weekend away with my nearest and dearest would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mysillyusername

I would like to take a break from work....I need a holiday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

A break from work clothes. I miss jeans and t-shirts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

i would like a break form looking for a job and have one to go to

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thatone

Rather than having a break from, I'd really like to have a break to see my family properly. Exams/study have taken up so much time I haven't seen them in two months! And there are lambs at home to see...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I would like a break from all the negativity. Its been shadowing me for a while now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I am definitely taking a break from studying and assignments, after the stress of exams in January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cheff

I would definitely put it towards groceries for 2 months! Oh and possibly buy a new coat:) And boots. Oh, the possibilities...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭28064212

A break, fullstop. Head down the country with absolutely nothing to do and unwind

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement