Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win a €250 One4all Gift Card For A Spring Break

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

A Break
    Ahh if only but to break
    for the sake of us not on the make.
    While all the big wigs get to eat their cake
    oh how I would like to have a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭dowtcha

could do with taking a break from continuous streak of bad luck in failing to win the lotto:mad::mad:

An all in one voucher would be just what the doctor prescribed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'd like a break from my stressful life - illness, lack of work, bills to pay etc. i would just like to be able to take some time out - even a few hours - to just relax, enjoy myself, chill and forget about all the daily hassle and grind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mled

I would like to take a break from study this Spring!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

I'd take a break from not winning competitions/lotto/anything and i'd go and have some nights out i'll never remember, with some people i'll never forget!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 iGazzy

A much needed break from Dublin! The election parties knocking at my door, the news, even my phone! Take me to Connemara with a hefty voucher to help me on my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

Not very original I know but - I'd Love a Break from the following 3 things

My Job, My Mortgage and the various politicians, economists and pundits we're subjected to night after night after night for the past 3 years!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Whatshisname

I need a break from paying bills, and bills and bills and bills, oh and bills..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

A break from the doom and gloom and negative equity, job losses, interest rate rises, higher taxes need I go on!!. And give my 6 month old a break from teething :( poor little mite!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

a break from the crippling back pain i have so i can walk outside and meet a cute girl physiotherapist ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

Id love a Nice Quiet Relaxing Spring Break Away froms Kids, Cooking, Cleaning and Work..........

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I'd like to take a break from the forced frugality of the student lifestyle I'm currently in and have a shopping spree of Celtic Tiger proportions! A break from being poor would be pretty amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I would like to take a break from worrying about household expenses, our roof which is in dire need of replacement and the constant doom and gloom - to this end, I say a prayer to the god of randomness!

I'd take a break away from this country :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 budcans47

From the wife . only joking i do love her... a break from the army would be good..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DrivesAlot

I'd take a recession break & go on one hell of a session! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 feckinirish

I'd like to take a break from unemployment or non-winning lotto tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Making your way in the world in the way takes everything you've got.
    Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help alot.
    Wouldn't you like to get away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Taking a break from 16 hour days :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

I'd take a break from the daily drudge...up early...kids to the creche/school...work all day...collect the kids...home...dinner...collapse....I'd probably blow it all on a weekend trip to the zoo. That would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Minier81

I would love a break from all the moaning in this country at the moment :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭WhosUpDocs

I want a break from the cold :D Getting warmer is the best part of spring! Daffodils too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

A break from looking at all the election poster mugs. Its west cork for me with there ban on election posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'd love to take a break from my runny nose - its driving me mental!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

a nice break away from bills would be lovely and more jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I'd like to take a break from the worry,stress and anger of it all.
    Wouldn't it be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Analot

The Elections, the election literature, the elections candidates...... need I say more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2011user

Id love to take a break from looking after my family for the day im only 18 but i have to look after my brothers and sisters (feed,wash,cloth,school) etc,
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Beaulieu

I'ld like to take a break from the election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I would LOVEEEEE to take a break from computers, But seeing as they are practically my life, I can't

ENOUGH WITH THE BSOD's ALREADY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shezmussen

I'd like to take a break from the smell of ewes droppin and lambs bleatin every god damn day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aliskippy

I would love to take a break from constantly hearing about the politicians..they should all be put on mute and their signs burnt! all gangsters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

i would like for my wife to take a break away from myself and our child, to give her a chance to relax and enjoy some free time, as she works too hard and worries too much.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 19 high society

I'd like to be....under the sea....in an octopus's garden in the shade......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

I'd like a break from "taking a break" - the current euphemism for being unemployed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Charles1412

I'm so in need of a break from the recession & the constant doom & gloom
    Its time to kick back & relax

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

Just be nice to take a break from wedding planning, house renovation and working Mon - Fri (not that im complaining but a break would be nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Weekend away with hubby and daughter to remind me why I face the stresses of my job everday... All for them, and worth it, but would be lovely to "get away" from it just for 48 hours!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I can cope with the hard work for little pay, the studying and doing without things I'd like, but I would like a break from telling my daughter no she can't have any new clothes(even if the ones she has are getting to small) at the moment, or go bowling with her friends, or go to the cinema.
    That, I would really like a break from.
    She deserves something nice, its 5 weeks since she became a teenager and I still didn't bring her out to get her birthday present (some new clothes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'd like to take a break away from college work and assignments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I would take a break from worrying about things that are out of my control!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

a break away from all my college work, maybe a weekend somewhere with the girlfriend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

I'll take the opportunity to take a couple of days out from my life, as a complete and total 'down tools' period is needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

Id love a break away try get some sun rays after our snowy winter. Go somewhere very different and see what it has in store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

I'd like to take a break from the negativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Electricity. No, seriously.

I'd love to go out to some place where there's no electricity, no internet, no phones, no night lights, no TV, no radio, nothing to tempt me into some form of electrical based entertainment - just me and my dog. Go for walks, read a book by the fire in the evening, rain lashing down outside, dinner in silence, newspaper in hand, a complete brain meltout.

After that, I'd go for some time in a deprivation tank. No sound, no light, no touch, no taste - emptyness. Complete sensory deprivation. A great time to reflect on the last few years and get ready for the next few. But in that hour, it'd just be me and my mind - pure bliss for the hour or two in it. I don't think I'd ever leave

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ophilia

I'd like to give my mother a break and let her spoil herself a bit with a great prize like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MsMaryMc

i'd like a break from my manky flowerless garden.......I think I would use it in the garden centre to give my garden a much needed injection of life and spring colour...

plant a few primroses and daffs and maybe treat myself to whole new herb garden for all that healthy eating i intend to do :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement