Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow Traffic sign

Options
  • 21-02-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Immediatly impededing the Lismore and Killarney sign at Paul Foley oil just outside Dungarvan, has anyone seen this? It is absolutely ridiculous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I seen it OP, what is the reason they changing the road signs though? surely they dont need to be changed and aswell who ever makes them should learn to spell correctly, i see one sign with Kilmeaden spelt wrong, its down as Kilmeadan.
    And Ballinacourty is down as Ballynacourty!! Madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

ridiculous, also I can't understand the reasoning for directing people to Killarney via Lismore....I understand tourists may want to take a scenic route and that is fine but maybe it should be signposted as Killarney Scenic route and then there should be a Killarney primary route via Youghal on the n25

I think tourists should be put off going to Killarney the Cappoquin Lismore road, it such a bad road. I went to Tralee last weekend and went to Clonmel and Cahir and got on the M8 and drove towards to the Mitchelstown exit, and went from there to Killarney and on to Tralee. It wasnt too bad a drive going that way. But going this way mightnt suit everyone, it depends where you live in Waterford, i lives in Kilmac and its only around 25 minutes going to Clonmel if i go through Clonea Power And Rathgormack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It is the direct route, more or less, and as such the one to be signposted. Up until recent years the road network through the Lismore Fermoy route was no worse than the Cork route.

As an aside, the route was first established by Bianconi as the stage route in 1815 from Clonmel to Cahir, in 1816 he extended the route to Waterford and by 1820 it was extended to Wexford to the east and Killarney to the west.

^Sorry for been off topic, but that side of Ireland, Cork Kerry side has been forgotten in relation to its road network, you would think it be improved some bit for the tourists and holidaymakers going to Kilarney, Tralee, Dingle etc. I cant see any road improvement coming anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You're right, generally the roads from south to north are fine. But, with the exception of the N25 the East to West road network is very poor.

You're right, generally the roads from south to north are fine. But, with the exception of the N25 the East to West road network is very poor.

That Atlantic Corridor Scheme that was announced before is not even including Kerry, that scheme will be years before its done anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

It was changed for a couple of reasons. Firstly as it could be argued that the N25 is a better route to Killarney, and secondly, why divert all the tourists driving from Waterford/Rosslare to Killarney away from Dungarvan?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

noby wrote: »
    It was changed for a couple of reasons. Firstly as it could be argued that the N25 is a better route to Killarney, and secondly, why divert all the tourists driving from Waterford/Rosslare to Killarney away from Dungarvan?
    Because when there done getting a small basic at Mama Genoas they'd find there car on bricks :P

Advertisement