Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placeholder websites - that seem to be autogenerated - what do you call them?

Options
  • 21-02-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi guys

I hope I don't get flamed for this - ie, hope its not a dumb question and is in the right place...

If I look at some webpages, that I know are just domains being squatted on, I see what looks like an autogenerated page, that links back to itself, and also out to other pages.

Examples: bjclow.org and checklist.com.au

what do you call this sort of web page place holder, and is it difficult to do? I have a couple of my own domains that I want to "place fill"...

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

It's called domain parking - Google make it easy http://www.google.com/domainpark/

Don't expect to make a fortune though! I have seven parked domains and made 12c off them in January :) some of those are domains that used to hold sites so there would be some traffic to them, and some are new domains.

Edit: sorry, I didn't make 12c, I made 4c. 12c was the page RPM

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭603304529

Thanks mate.

Advertisement