Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with what you're studying?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

It's a choice between Law, Teaching, Medicine/Physiotherapy, and Photography :/

They're all so different :(

I want to do Law and Irish in UCC. From what I can make out from the website, you get a degree in Irish as well as a degree in Law. I'd be 22 leaving college so I was thinking that I could do a H.Dip and give teaching a go and then try my hand at becoming a barrister when I'm older (You have to be 25 I think). But if I like teaching I could just stick with it if I found a job :pac:

I think medicine would be interesting too, but I think I'd lean more towards the Physiotherapy side of it.

Then there's Photography, I think I'd find it very interesting but I'm not sure I'd like the job prospects, I think it would ruin my love for it or something :pac:

EDIT: I wouldn't mind doing just Irish and German either, and going on to do teaching...

I've loooooooooooooads of time to decide anyway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Im studying Law in DCU, Im satisfied with it, its quite difficult and monotonous rather than challenging which is annoying. Only thing I would change it for would be history, and seen as I dont want to be a teacher and would like to be a barrister thats kinda pointless

Law and History ftw :P

I want to do Law and Irish in UCC. From what I can make out from the website, you get a degree in Irish as well as a degree in Law. I'd be 22 leaving college so I was thinking that I could do a H.Dip and give teaching a go and then try my hand at becoming a barrister when I'm older (You have to be 25 I think). But if I like teaching I could just stick with it if I found a job :pac:!

First I've ever heard of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

First I've ever heard of that...

Just looked it up there, it's for someone who doesn't have a degree in Law and is going to do the Diploma in the Kings Inn, they have to be 25

Well that made my choice harder :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just looked it up there, it's for someone who doesn't have a degree in Law and is going to do the Diploma in the Kings Inn, they have to be 25

Well that made my choice harder :pac:

Just had a look myself! Some people with an approved non-law degree don't have to be 25 for that diploma either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I want to do Law and Irish in UCC. From what I can make out from the website, you get a degree in Irish as well as a degree in Law. I'd be 22 leaving college so I was thinking that I could do a H.Dip and give teaching a go and then try my hand at becoming a barrister when I'm older (You have to be 25 I think). But if I like teaching I could just stick with it if I found a job :pac:

I think medicine would be interesting too, but I think I'd lean more towards the Physiotherapy side of it.

Then there's Photography, I think I'd find it very interesting but I'm not sure I'd like the job prospects, I think it would ruin my love for it or something :pac:

EDIT: I wouldn't mind doing just Irish and German either, and going on to do teaching...

I've loooooooooooooads of time to decide anyway!

There's only one solution. Do maths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Has to be said, I love my course. Hours are beginning to get pretty heavy but the modules are interesting and I'm making some great mates from it :D

Advertisement